Reviews for Salvation Day
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
I love how much emotion is behind this. It's an interesting emotion, too, because you're not writing about yourself, but rather someone else. The words are talking about the emotional effects of this abuse, but there's also the underlying feelings of concern for your friend. The multi-levels make this really unique.

[that rakes her claws through your spirit,/trying to reduce you to nothing but dust,] These were my favorite lines. They create such a great image.

Like you said, the poetics themselves could have been better. If you wanted to edit this, I'd particularly work on the flow. It was a bit rough, closer to normal speech than poetry, and I think smoothing it out would get to the emotions of this even better.

Happy writing!

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
patty93 chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
I like the poem. It's very nice and emotional as well. The line "So now it shall be harder than ever before

to leave the one you're forced to call "mother"." is very emotional in my opinion. Keep it up :)
Angel Investor chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I liked this, even though I prefer poems that rhyme. It's very powerful and filled with meaning. I'm sure your friend would feel better if he/she read this. :)
lymli chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
that's a nice and strong message
Green Gummy Bear chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
O.O

This is kinda scary... abusive mom?

It's a really great poem. I like how it flows.

-Gummy