Reviews for Who's Afraid of Twilight
Sepulchred chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
You don't like the Twilight Saga?

Well, hello, my new favorite person. It's very nice to meet you.
Michelle chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
It's not all that shocking to find someone who doesn't like Twilight. It's become a trend to kind of hate Twilight, so you're not special when you say you don't like it.

It's just a story. If you don't like it, close it and read another one; if you like it, good for you. People read too much into it.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Completely agreed. However, the definition of Edward Cullen or Jacob as the 'perfect man' is what frightens me the most about these young fans: beyond attractiveness and hyper desires to possess the heroine, what else is there to them? Nothing much. Twilight is as shallow as you get when it comes to romance.
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I weep for the girls who are young and impressionable enough to see a role model in Bella Swan and see romance in a relationship based almost entirely on manipulation, abuse and barely contained abstinence. Oh, and let's not forget teen pregnancy.

Well said. I'm going to have to print this out and give it to my sister. If I had a printer. Which I don't.

Harry Potter is awesome.
non.graceful chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Wow a girl with common sense hi-5! I read twilight and i was like wtf what is this crap? (obviously a crap book with a five year old writing.) (mean comment i know!)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
"which is guaranteed to be on 90% of any maturing teen girl's bookshelf"... That isn't phrased correctly I don't think. I think it reads like the novel is going to be on 90% of the bookshelf. I think you meant girls'

"to be the next "Harry Potter"."... "Harry Potter."

I liked the essay mostly because I have to agree. It makes some really great points and it well written. Nice job.

PS Check out the Review game and its Review Marathon (links in my profile).
Mr. Froid chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
That was a very nicely succinct piece. I loved the clarity and use of prose. While your views are extreme you've delivered them with clarity and distinctness in a very organised manner. It was quite pleasant to read.

"pessimistic philosophers."

I take issue with that, philosophy begins in wonder and awe. Philosophers doubt, they don't just say the world is gloomy, they would doubt the world, question its decisions. You've heard of I think therefore I am? Well the same man also said "I doubt therefore I am.".