Reviews for Believe
cardiac insomniac chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
For such a short poem, it has incredible momentum. The last line isn't a "BOOM" moment, but a quiet "oh" moment, and I think that says a like. A really special piece.
bookppl93 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
23 isn't old haha
a-creative-name chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I think this is relatable as soon as you turn 12... that's when the big insecurities settle in. . Great job!
3 down
Fragile Things chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
loved it. i thought the yea with the exclamation point was perfect. very simple, great work. very
FaithMemory chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I can relate to you in this! :D
Angel's Amulet chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
You're not the only one who feels this way. Sometimes I feel the same way as you do. Beautifully expressed poem despite the fact it was short and to the point essentially.

I'll be turning 24 this November so I know what you mean.

Anyway great poem!
Violettree chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Too lazy to log in...lol

I liked this. It was short, sweet, and to the point. But the exclamation mark after the 'Yea' kind of took away from the feel of the poem. Also, the word 'Yea' can be seen to sound like 'Yay.' For clarification purposes, I suggest you put an h on the end, so it looks like the more conventional, 'Yeah'.

I love the idea you have here. Keep up the good work.

Violettree
mylatestescape chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
amazing and beautiful
ShinkisRule chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
so simple, so short, and yet so utterly powerful... i feel like this all the time, from crushes to finding my place in the world... we know what we want. we believe we should have it. but we're so afraid of failure, we don't try. wonderful work there.
we've got obsessions chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
That first part in italics makes my heart ache. Great job.
BookcraZzaY chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
haha-FANTASTIC :D

I like how you use 2 voices and really go into the persons mind

I no its short but ITS ALL GOOD HAHA-:)

GREET JOBB
MyCookiesNotYours chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
Haha. The sad truth. I definitely can't say I can relate age-wise, but I sure can as a person.

But yeah. Like others have said, it's not too formal, but it works the way it is.
Erlkoenigin chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I am 55 and still don't feel like a granny

Franziska
rippling iris chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
this is so true! i just turned 20 and i have no idea what i'm doing with my life and i feel so old and i have no ambition, but i'm not too sad about it either. i love the 4th line "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT STUPID GAL!" that's going to be my new saying P
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Really interesting poem. I definitely know that feeling. I like the format of the poem, it's not very formal but that seems to fit with what it is about.

23 isn't a granny! You have lots of life ahead of you :)

also, i like your picture in your icon. you have a great style!