Reviews for Of Your Eyes and My Ice Skater Thighs
AstheArtDictates chapter 4 . 4/10/2011
Hmm. So by this point, Jared's torn between getting Scarlett back and hooking up with Maddie, Maddie's torn between Jared and Brett, and Nikki's gay brother is coming for a visit. I swear, if this story turns out like School Rumble, I will never stop laughing.
HPRK08 chapter 4 . 4/7/2011
One of my best friends, CinnamonToastCrunch, insisted I check this (and you) out. I have to say, I wasn't disappointed! Maddie is SO much fun, I like Jared, I LOVE Brett... You've done a great job, I hope to see more of this soon! (:

Swati
leavemeialone chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
To be honest, I can't tell who she will end up with. I do admit, like you wrote, Brett sounds hotter because of his British accent. I can't tell much about Jared. All I know is he is extremely jealous of Scarlett. I do hope to read a little bit more connection with the both guys with Madeline before I can decide which one seems better.
JustAnotherNewbie chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I liked how the chapter started - very conversational but it didn't seem too informal.

The repetition: It was nice at first, but then it became a bit annoying, because it was too...repetitive.
Poisoned Twinkles chapter 4 . 4/5/2011
Hm, I find this chapter well enough, with good details, and a balance on dialogue. I do think Maddie seems random, and immature, but hopefully, you'll have good reasons for those. Anyways, my comment would be to tone down Maddie's constant thoughts or inner battles, since I think they're slightly jumbling up the structure of the story.

thefaultinourpatronus chapter 4 . 4/4/2011
The photography classroom scene in the beginning was cool - it was very typical and I have a teacher that is the exact same way!

Dayyum, make that a love rectangle! ;) A gay twin brother? That's classic. Smooth Maddie, very smooth.

Another very funny chapter, keep it up! :D

x mandy
Vanilla Chocola chapter 4 . 4/4/2011
Can't wait for the next chapter!

I have a feeling it would be interesting!
Mixy-Chan chapter 3 . 4/1/2011
Jared wasn't in this chaoter...shame. And I didn't get anything from Brett really either...just wasn't feeling it...i got the picture of a Cullen in my head and i could have taken a pistol to my head for that image...

You put a lot...a lot of description in this chapter. I have done this in the past and I think it was you or someone else who mentioned that it was unexpected. The descriptions weren't unexpected...by the discription of her room was really, really long...I think if you introduced the room slowly in random places but close by would be better.

Nikki seems like a person like me...opening this chapter with discovery channel reminded me of that one song... oh well. you should come up with another chapter soon, I owe you another two reviews, and i'm scared if i take on any more i will be getting over ahead of myself and then it takes up a lot of time. I have my Aquati c Emergency Care this weekend and thats 22 hours of swimming weekend. It is very tiring. but keep up the good work.

From Roadhouse-Mixy
Mixy-Chan chapter 2 . 4/1/2011
I TAKE IT BACK! Jared is being thrown in a dumpster. He's sush a egotistical brat who thinks he must be flying on a cloud. Those blue eyes don't cut it for me if the guy thinks so high and mighty of himself. you can have him back for your novel, I don't want him anymore. I lost interest him...but...the eyes...so tempting.

I like how you told this chaoter in Jared's POV. I occasionally change POV's in my novels just to set a different mood or change of place. I don't do it often anymore..only when I feel it is needed.

Is Dora an elf?

At first when i thought of reading the chapter, it was just going to take off from Jared's POV and they were not going to be at the skating rink. I honestly thought it would be boring, but it wasn't. You retold it in a different way and introduced him.

Maddie's personality and her over excentric way of ever reacting is best suited fo rher...Jared saying cute all the time doesn't seem to cute to me...but...I;m pretty sure he is pretty smexy himself so I will let that pass.

Anyways, these last two reviews to me from Roadhouse, for got to mark the last one, silly me. I' still owe you 3 reviews. 1 is on the way to chapter 3.

Very Good Chapter!
Mixy-Chan chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Returning Reviews...

Alas, finnaly a new novel to read that did not have to revolve around magic twisted stuff that I'm reading alread.y I'm a fantasy kind of gal, but sometimes i just want to sit back and relax and watch couples make fools of themselves for my own enjoyment. Thank you for this! I'll keep with this ovel as you write it, and you better continue or your going to have a Watamachuck hunt you in your sleep.

Anyways...

I like how Maddie has a tendency to talk to herself in italics. he likes to do it everytime she talks and takes you to reality, and hten back to her mis guilded world of back talk. It's hilarious.

I'm probably in love with Jared at this moment. He portrays this mysteriously hot...hotter than hot...blue eyes..hey like mine...I think were a match... (I'm stealing Jared)

At the end of this chapter you ahve shown that who hav made a couple changes. I definitly like this current title right now so you better keep it! You have done a great job introducing wha tI assuming are the two most important characters in the novel!

Now, if you will excuse me, I'm kidnapping Jared and hiding in my room...
Poisoned Twinkles chapter 3 . 3/31/2011
I was shocked to learn that Maddie's 19. She's as 'immature' as me and I'm 15! FIFTEEN!

But it makes the story really funny, and I guess, there are a few people who are like her.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Skittle-sticks!

Poisoned Twinkles chapter 2 . 3/31/2011
I burst into applause at the end of this chapter. Honestly, I felt how realistic the whole guy-wants-girl-so-he-tricks-other-girl thing was; it seemed cliché because of other movies and etc., but hey, this stuff's hell lot better written. I was laughing, I was amused, and I had a bunch of other expressions, and I just have to say that this story's worth reading. It seems tiring to read about main character girls who are usually ignored, but are actually pretty, but you make it work. You make it WORK!

"Float my little marshmallow boats..." - FUNNY AS HELL.

Oh, and "Stupid cute" - can I just say how brilliant this line was?

Applause again!

Poisoned Twinkles chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Good and funny writing, I commend! But after reading a romance/humour story one after the other, I have to say I'm relieved my head's not flat yet from all the boy-meets-girl-girl-swoons sceneries. Don't get me wrong; you are great. I am NOT.

Now... there wasn't any particular sentence or thing I disliked about the story. No negative comments, which is actually pretty rare, but maybe it's because there's nothing bad to comment on. I used to ice-skate meself, but it was a short time before my mum told me to drop it, and I do find it nostalgic the way you described the feeling of skating and doing tricks.

I also liked the steadiness of the chapter. You see, the bad thing with the other stories I've read is that once boy meets girl, crazy, unusual things happen which are entertaining but tiring to read. And yours didn't have any of those gooey scenes. So I'd love to read more and hope your steadiness continues!

*This is the return review for Vanilla Mochi. Thanks for reviewing it! ;D
StoryMonster chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
I love the descriptions of Jared's eyes. And blue eyes - awesome. I'm a sucker for blue eyes. D

Maddie seems to be a pretty interesting character as well, and the dialogue was pretty realistic too. But you could have done with some more on the rest, the surroundings.

Well, pretty good!

!StoryMonster
thefaultinourpatronus chapter 2 . 3/26/2011
Not sure how the heck i didn't read/review this. Anyhoo, I'm here now :D Revel in my awesomeness for this awesome review because I'm awesome like that ;)

First off: I think you did brilliantly with Brett's character. I think the alliteration of his name is cute too (: But I'm talking of mainly his dialogue here. I struggled with that in my story, which as you know, has a Brit character in it. I couldn't get his dialogue realistic enough, and he sounded like any other American person. But you've got his dialect to the T. Fail for me, kudos to you!

Still, I was definitely not stalking. I preferred the term, 'discreet observation'…

-Loving Jared XD

Interesting how he's so in love with Scarlet. Who even IS she? I'm rooting for jared-and-maddie, obviously, but I'd still like to know who this girl is. She doesn't seem very interested in Jared... Anyhow, I'd like to see more back story on their relationship... Or therefore lack of! ;)

Random character time! The Dora kid was hilarious and I liked how you introduced her. Albeit I'm wondering what role she'll play in the future, you've satisfied my humor quotient for the day XD Aww, Brett is such a sweetie (: Hot guys that are nice to little kids are SO rare, aren't they?

Hmm I think I covered everything I wanted to. Cool chapter once more, Cee, keep up the awesome work. (How effing AWESOME was my review? XD)

x mandy

*I think I'm all payed back! With the reviews, I mean. Coolness; i'll definitely read your next chapter soon!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »