Reviews for Ivy and Wine
random chapter 8 . 5/25/2011
This is so fun, and yet it has some weird/sad/creepy moments, but always with a light heart. Just like a story about Dionysus and his Maenads should be. I love how you tied everything in with the historical setting - your descriptions of the lifestyle in Sparta and Athene was very life-like. And all those beautiful subtle references to more obscure elements of myths, like the other Maenads thinking Kalli is from "Atlantis", or Dionysus holding Delphi in the winter, or the fact that he and Hermes are close...

Also, your characterization of the gods is so similar to my own I actually wondered if you were living in my head or something. And dammit, but your Dionysus makes me squirm. The fact that all your OCs are interesting and well characterized helps, too.

You know, I was going to skim this story because I rarely like OCs and the premise seemed a bit weird, but I am really, really glad I didn't. Damn, I'm half tempted to make an account here just to subscribe in case you do eventually come back and write more.
Shade the Viridescent chapter 8 . 5/1/2011
Holy gigantic updates, Batman! XD

No, but seriously. Wow. I actually kinda forgot about this, but I'm so glad to see it's being continued! :D I loved being able to see the pasts of the others. And Dionysus amuses me a lot.

Thanks for updating! I'm going to subscribe so I don't miss any more! That said, please update again soon~! _

~Latni-chan~
FixitfelixJRJRJR chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
The chapters are quite long, you might want to break them up a bit, but that's only a suggestion for people who dont like reading long sections. The swearing caught me off guard, I wondered why people would be saying words like shit and bitch...

The story is written well though more description would help.

N
whitewolf121 chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
Fantastic Really.
LunaPadma chapter 5 . 1/13/2011
I love this. It is absolutely amazing. Please keep it up. I am getting a FictionPress just so i can add this to my favorites.
TK Anez chapter 4 . 12/27/2010
This is really good so far! You write very well, and the ending made me want more. Can't wait to see what happens next. Maybe you could check out my story, Ishiki. I'd love to get your opinion on it :)
Lizzie Heffner chapter 3 . 12/24/2010
Very well written, I adore the way you've portrayed Dionysus, elaborating on the more twisted aspects of the God than just drinking and mirth. You're writing style is also quiet enjoyable. I am thoroughly impressed, and can not wait to read the next chapter.
Shade the Viridescent chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
Hm, very interesting. I really like how the individual personalities are developed. I do adore good characters. _ Are you continuing this? I really do hope you are. Even if you're not, it was really fantastic.

Thanks for writing~! If you're planning on updating, please do so as soon as you can~! _

~Latni-chan~
Solemn Coyote chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
This is excellent. It really is. Unfortunately, I'm going to be That Guy; the one who gives you That Review.

Your chapter is too big.

Now, hold on. I realize that doesn't even slightly relate to the content of the story, which is what I should be focusing on. Ficpress reviewers are skittish beasts though, and most won't go near a story that 12,0 words long in just one chapter.

Ivy and Wine is great. It really is. It does the old greek gods right, making them both psychotic and strangely human at the same time. It has a fantastic modern voice, fleshed out characters, and quite a good bit of dramatic tension. I'd really like to see this get a ton of reads and reviews, and that's why I'm recommending that you chapterize it.

Oh, and also that you keep writing. This was ornate and terrifying and powerful, and I'd love for there to be more stories like this out there.

-SC

P.S. you've got a small typo near the end. "to steal some grapes from the tray as the slave, now inn tears," ought to have 'in' instead of 'inn'

there's also "What are you feeding thing" which should be 'what are you feeding that thing?'

on the whole, there weren't a lot of nitpicks for me to make here, but these two stood out.