|Reviews for Penumbrae|
| my princess ending chapter 54 . 9/16/2014
My dear, please update soon. I've finally caught up and I truly hope the story will be finished by the end of the year.
I really like the way you write. Your characters' personalities are shown very clearly in their actions and words even after three years. I like how you explain events and everything (though it's impossible to be reality) is somehow still realistic. I'm pretty sure I sound completely crazy right now but that's what I think!
I'll always be here so I hope you update soon. I haven't given up on you and hoping that school isn't overwhelming you too badly at the moment.
| my princess ending chapter 51 . 9/15/2014
I was thinking that Jenna might've been pregnant due to her morning sickness but it didn't make any sense so I thought she was just barfing because she remembered piles of dead bodies. I honestly don't remember her ever sharing anything more than a few kisses with Eidan so when did this happen?! And I'm 500% sure Jenna would never go to another man. It doesn't make sense but I'm happy they have a child because that child will be the savior in their relationship.
| my princess ending chapter 50 . 9/15/2014
Angry? I'm beyond angry. How could you kill of Celeste?! Though she was selfish she didn't deserve that because of what a great person/god she was. I'm sad now, I don't want to live in this world anymore.
| my princess ending chapter 49 . 9/14/2014
I cannot believe you let Jenna and Eidan be apart for three years. That was the last thing I expected, not like I expected anything since you always manage to surprise me. It's just that there was so much to be resolved that it seemed unlikely that you would let so much time pass by. I hope they reunite soon and I'm elated that Caelum and Celeste are doing well between each other! By the way, the links to the characters three years later don't work?
| my princess ending chapter 46 . 9/12/2014
It's interesting how this is practically another version of the prologue but I love how instead of copying everything, you rewrote it in Eidan's point of view. I feel like I never really understood what the darkness is. I know what the Dark Abyss is but what exactly is "the darkness"? Is it their essence? Their way of life? I would really like to know! And I still haven't given up on you yet, please update soon!
| my princess ending chapter 44 . 9/6/2014
I don't understand this because I thought to break the curse between Ophelia and Aphyron, it was up to Celeste and Caelum to save them. Well, technically, Jenna and Eidan since they're the ones that need to kill Grace and Lucan. But apparently from what I just read, Ophelia and Aphyron's curse is a separate curse. Also, I'm guessing it might not even be a curse but something deeper?
| my princess ending chapter 43 . 9/5/2014
I think Jenna should've slapped Lucan for acting like such an ass because compared to Jenna, Lucan doesn't have it that bad. Not only did Jenna lose her parents, she lost her entire kingdom and honestly, Eidan is all she has left. Yet he's still trying to take that away from her, it kills me.
| my princess ending chapter 42 . 9/5/2014
I laughed so hard when they asked Zeph if he was okay in the beginning of the chapter and he accused th others of making it up. But Eidan says that they didn't and would have to time to make something like this up. As hard as I laughed because you actually took the time to make this up, I love you for doing that. Please keep updating, my love, even if you lost all your readers, you have me now!
| M.R. Hill chapter 30 . 8/28/2014
- The opening makes me so nostalgic for earlier parts
- This sense of isolation & confusion Jenna is going through hurts to see. ;-;
- Zeph, ever the classy gentleman there with that greeting.
- The hell? Where's all this blood coming from?!
- And I laughed at that morbidly optimistic line. Ah, great dark humor!
- I so love the continued conflict regarding Celeste in relation to Jenna. I honestly feel like Celeste is more an antagonist to Jenna than an asset. I love their continued conflict really.
- Nice touch with the stubbornness there when getting rid of her and showing Jenna thinking on her feet.
- Well this day just keeps getting better and better for Zeph. -.-
- I'm actually on Zeph's side on getting down to business here. They need answers!
- ...Well I wasn't expecting THAT on the side of answers. I DO think it's an interesting route to take this and adds more to the diversity of this world. I'm curious, what brought you to come up with that decision there for Grace to be his sister? Whatever the case, it's certainly memorable, which I say is a thumbs up.
| M.R. Hill chapter 29 . 8/26/2014
- No, walk around with only a shirt on, I don't mind! D Little touches like that have always been something I've enjoyed in your writing and glad to see it again.
- No matter how much time I do invest in anything else, there's something about Penumbrae which always entertains whenever I read more. My only real complaint would be that the chapters sometimes feels really lengthy. Beyond that, this is overall a great breather vibe to it chapter wise coming off of things while keeping the character related stuff going.
- You still have that distinct vibe to every character. Plus more they still have great personality to them which I love. Every time I see Jenna suffering, it makes me all the more worried about where this is going, especially since they've all grown on me so well.
To note, this isn't anything you have to worry about reviewing back for at this point. While you're always welcome to read Grandmaster stuff, I'm just doing this because I love reading this when I have the time and I have more time to work with now. If I'm going to be on Fictionpress again, uploading stuff, and reading stories, I best be reading some more of this! :D
| LiVEWiRE360 chapter 54 . 8/21/2014
I love the way you write! The characters are well likeable and the plot is interesting! Keep up the good work!
| my princess ending chapter 39 . 8/18/2014
I have an urgent need to barf because that scene was too gory. Oh dear, when he slit her throat, I couldn't handle it. In the beginning, I thought they had to kill Eidan and Jenna in order to break off the curse temporarily. And being Morgan and Gwen, they didn't mention this to them because they're those kinds of people. But when Morgan mentioned Ethel, my heart broke. I'm dying to know what's going to happen!
| my princess ending chapter 35 . 8/17/2014
Honestly I don't know what to say because I can't say I applaud your creativity. Applaud doesn't describe it enough, I need a bigger and better word. But you get the gist of it. I really love the fact that you took so much time to think this out and I love the curse so much and how everything played out (with Celeste's wish and Ophelia's wish, etc.) I just love how deep it goes, as if the Gods actually planned it out.
I had the hardest time reading the past two to three chapters. I apologize for always complaining but oh dear, I absolutely hate reading about Grace or Lucan. They make me cringe because they're...I wouldn't say boring but I just don't like them so they're not worthy of my interest. I'm making myself sound so superior but really, I am not. I am aware that they are very important characters, that is why I push myself and read on.
I would like to bring to your attention that you've had an increase of mistakes in your recent chapters. I can't say how long it's been happening but they're definitely there. There's a lot of missing words in your writing, as if you skipped that word and there's also a lot of words that stick together, as in there's no space in between them. Whenever you get the chance or whenever you want you, I recommend reading your story over and correcting it since there are quite a bit of mistakes.
| my princess ending chapter 32 . 8/16/2014
This is THE chapter. This is MY FAVORITE chapter. If I could specifically favorite this chapter, I WOULD. Not only did it take nine years and thirty one chapters for them to kiss, it also took "ten thousand fucking years" and another thirty one chapters for Caelum and Celeste to freaking talk to each other again. I'm dying because this chapter is flawless to me and I love it.
| my princess ending chapter 31 . 8/15/2014
I'm pretty sure I've already voiced my opinion on this already but I don't like Ethel. I have a terribly bad feeling about this and thinking about her makes me cringe. I'm honestly so scared for what's about to come because I refuse to let anyone come in between Jenna and Eidan but Ethel seems like she's strong enough to come between her.