Reviews for Penumbrae
Vivace.Assai chapter 39 . 6/16/2012
Yeah! Another chapter. You’re becoming really consistent on your updates, huh? Great. That means more of this story every month. :)

Okay, so this chapter was pretty engrossing that I kind of read straight through for half of it. But then, something occurred, and I must make a note of it (don’t worry: I’ll retrace my steps and go to all the loveydovey stuff after reading the chapter).

[Anything was a scary word.] Anything? Did Eidan say he would do anything to break the curse? But… But… does anything include killing his own sister? And what about Jenna’s fiancé? HE CANNOT KILL THEM! They are good people (to an extent and mostly with Lucan). No… Now Lucan’s going to die… I like Lucan… and Grace, I guess… And I don’t want Eidan to become a killer just to break this curse… Eidan and Lucan should be friends instead of enemies… *my rational side’s thoughts: I think she [i.e. me] is overthinking this a tad too much… she should calm down*

*humming as I proceed to reach the chapter in interest*

WHAT THE HELL? WHAT DID YOU JUST DO? WHAT? WHAT? WHY – GWEN WITH AN AXE… MORGAN WITH A DAGGER… JENNA AND EIDAN DEAD! WHAT IS THIS PLOT TWIST? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

*rational side: breathe Ha… take deep calming breaths… okay… okay… now you can review again*

Well, thanks for the cliffhanger. But I’m not really sure what is happening anymore. What is Ethel planning? What will happen to Eidan and Jenna now? I’m so confused and so frustrated. And why is Ethel the enemy?

Well, I must say that I like how you’re taking the plot – not as a reader who cares about the characters but as a writer. I think the plot is imaginative and it takes twist and turns that nobody would ever expect. This keeps the reader always on guard and never sure what to expect – and since the plot doesn’t follow normal formulas, this sets it apart from other fantasy/adventure/romance stories. Thus, I found the plot twist (though worrying) to add excitement to the chapter and make the readers keep wanting more. Good job with coming up with such an ingenious story. :D

Furthermore, I loved the two italicized sections in this chapter – very relevant and very thought-provoking. I really like how this story is exciting but also a very provoking read at the same time.

Now, let’s backtrack.

*going back to the minutes before the plot twist occurred*

I think Jenna and Eidan are so cute with each other. I like how their relationship progresses. It is very steady and takes a realistic approach to everything. I’m glad they are starting to be all lovey-dovey with each other. I think they should be together forever. Even if it is in death. (Though I still support Eideph very strongly)

But I’m curious is Mana’s and Zeph’s curse will be broken in this story or in another story (like the sequel). And what about Mana’s strange dream? Will this play an important role in breaking the curse in the later chapters? Everything is so complicated and confusing… Ugh… I feel so confused and I don’t know what to think anymore.

Overall, great chapter. Can’t wait for the next update. XD

Signing off…
DutchAver chapter 39 . 6/16/2012
Wha... wha... wha... whuzawozaWHAT? I'm rarely THIS surprised when reading a chapter, but... but... YOU CAN'T DO THIS. YOU CAN'T JUST KILL OFF YOUR MAIN CHARACTERS LIKE THAT. YOU CAN'T.

How can you continue this story now, without Jenna and Eidan because you killed them? I sort-of anticipated it in the previous chapter, but this came as a complete shock nonetheless.

I don't get what Morgan and Gwen are doing. They promise to haunt Jenna in twenty years, yet they kill her off now. They give them advice on how to break the curse for good, and then they kill them because of Ethel and how she is the enemy. Has she been lying to Eidan, perhaps? Is she now laughing somewhere in a corner because this has been her goal all along?

They can't be dead! They just CAN'T! Somehow, they have to be alive next chapter, or... or... or I just won't know what to do :'( Penumbrae's not the same without Jenna and Eidan, and I don't think I can get used to Zeph or Mana narrating the whole thing.

I discovered two mistakes:

' "It's my home. It's the Old Earth. Before everyone turned to machines. "

"It's called the Forest of Illusions because it messes with people's brains if they have bad intentions upon entering it," Mana explained further. ' I think you can remove the enter here, as well as 'Mana explained further'. It reads a bit annoying :)

' he was getting sleeper, it seemed.' sleepIer

Update SOON! VERY SOON! (Please)
trilby94 chapter 39 . 6/15/2012
Oh my gosh! You evil person! But I don't even mind because you write so darn well! Your plot is amazingly intricate an I just can't wait to fnd out what happen because...they can't relly be dead, can they? Agh.

As for the fight scenes, I think you coped admirably. There is just enough descripton to put the reader inside the action but it never stopped being fast-paced and exciting.

I love his story, as I have said before. But I'm saying it agin :) Can't wait for your next update.
Born from Ink chapter 39 . 6/15/2012
Gah! No! It can't be over, I have to read what happens next!

This is the most evil cliffhanger I have ever discovered.
Born from Ink chapter 35 . 6/15/2012
Why why why why why why? I loved the romance and almost threw the computer when I read about Jenna's brush with death. How could you?

Sorry. I'll go finish the book now.
Born from Ink chapter 27 . 6/15/2012
I am in love with Caelum!

Just had to get that out there. :)
Vernelley chapter 39 . 6/15/2012
That was as much blood and pain as you promised e_e How evil.

I'm sensing a lot of Mirai Nikki vibes here... Psycho axe lady and lots of throat cutting. Is this vengeance for Akise or something xD

That said, I wonder if all this cutting up is actually necessary, or if Morgan and Gwen are just bored again.

Are they dying. They'd better not be dying. It's too soon for anyone to die ;_; Why are you so evil. I will have my revenge if anyone dies too soon.

On the fight scene, I think you did a pretty good job. It felt really fast-paced and thrilling so I think that was fine :)

Again, if anyone dies at this point I'll be chasing you with Gwen's axe. So you'd better sleep with one eye open e_e
Born from Ink chapter 17 . 6/15/2012
I don't like Grace any more. But I still love Zehp, and Eidan, and Caelum! :)
Animel chapter 32 . 6/15/2012
Best chapter ever best chapter ever!

BEST EVER!

This was my favorite from the very beginning and then it just got better and better and better. Very jam-packed.

Ok, anyway, I had a lot of thoughts while reading. First of all, I'm happy to see Lucan back. His is the only character whose place in the curse and the incarnations, etc. I haven't been able to figure out. I imagine that he is Jenna/Celeste's version of Grace, which is one of the saddest fates ever. Doomed to be a replacement, forced to fall in love hopelessly over and over? It's hard to like Grace, but that is freaking heartbreaking, especially for poor Lucan, forgotten in a prison. Bless his heart.

The other person I'm just too full of sympathy for to move past is Celeste. She is bearing an unbelievably unfair amount of the guilt. Hello, who kidnapped whom, here? Who threatened to kill their best friend's love? I mean, obviously the gal screwed up, but the others are far from blameless in this situation, everything she did she did for love, and she has suffered e-freaking-nough already! She has been in so much pain for so long all for the sake of someone whose only purpose is to kill her? And she blames herself? Awful. Bless her heart, too!

Ack. If I had anything coherent to say, it left while I was ranting.
Born from Ink chapter 12 . 6/15/2012
My new favorite character is Zeph. :) I was laughing for a while when Jenna said "But it might hurt!" and Zeph went, "That's the effing point!" again, I love your characters!
Born from Ink chapter 9 . 6/15/2012
I love Caelum! Just sayin'. :)
Born from Ink chapter 8 . 6/15/2012
Wow. Okay, I have quite a few things to say.

One, I love Eidan, and Caelum is interesting me... But Lucan has to go. He's that annoying side boy in novels who you just wish would get out of the way so that the real romance can occur. Which is going to be between Jenna and Eidan, riiight?...

Two, Grace is awesome. I'm sure you don't get that much, but seriously. Her disgust at humans eating rabbit? Yeah, that's what sealed me liking her.

Your characters are awesome and extremely well developed, I love the plot, and... Well, I'm gonna keep reading!
Viva-la-Mylo chapter 39 . 6/15/2012
What! What just happened ! Are u effing kidding me! Those effers! Grrrrrrrr /: I wonder how it would be if zeph and Jenna got together? Or if they kissed?... Just wondering lol
thenutrunningthenuthouse chapter 38 . 6/12/2012
Gahh, I read this a while ago but I never got around to reviewing it! I'm so bad. _

I gotta agree with Eidan with Morgan and Gwen. Seriously, those two are so enigmantic/strange. I hope we get a few of those questions answered. ;)

["Is this where you live? I can't see a damn thing."] - lol Zeph

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I love the conflict with Eidan and Caelum. It's quite interesting to see how Eidan seems to be listening to Caelum more, and I love Caelum's laid back yet slightly psychopathic attitude.

O_O Morgan, WTF? That's just cruel! I mean, it was nice that he cleared her memories, but that's still pretty douche-y! Wow, when I first read this, that was such a crazy moment. Like, seriously, ohhh Jenna.

On a similar note, I love how your characters are not perfect. Jenna may be a pretty blonde princess, but she's not perfect. She makes mistakes. In fact, she makes mistakes that royally screw many things up.

["How the hell can we find that-"

"I can see in the dark!"

"That's great but what about me?"

Eidan was tempted to just leave him there.] - I love those two and their banter.

o_o and evil dogs. Well, Ethel is quite a charmer.

[Inside his head, Caelum was literally choking with laughter.] - for once, I am laughing at the same thing as Caelum. That scene with Jenna beating on Zeph was hilarious! Excellent comedic break!

Nice chapter, as usual!
Animel chapter 18 . 6/10/2012
I am only halfway through this chapter so far so I can't answer all of the questions at the end yet though I'll come back and edit it if I remember without being too distracted by more chapters!

I just had to write in to say how surprised I was that Celeste herself showed up and what a wonderful twist that is! It should have been obvious and makes perfect sense in retrospect that she would become an actual character and have the same place as Caelum knowing their joint curse, but I didn't see it coming. And typically I see most things coming in stories, which is part of the reason I've been so enjoying yours.

There is one detail that is a major point of contention for me, though. I know that she fought with her parents, but that to me cannot explain why Jenna has had almost absolutely no grief for her father, particularly when she could be so bothered by the death of Zeph. For many chapters this has been bothering and confusing me, but now with this one, especially with the note about Celeste not accepting death, I find it to be a big mistake to just breeze over the death of one parent and statue-ing(?) of the other.

1. Brilliant.

2. I have to finish the chapter before I can figure that out.

3. Maybe they can each take control and actually meet and realize they're in love still and somehow everything will be magically solved because love conquers all? Huh? No? Anyone...? Anyone? *sigh*

4. Zeph, actually, although I want her to end up with Eidan. I'm a loyal gal, they belong together.
1,092 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »