Reviews for Penumbrae
Betty-wa16 chapter 8 . 12/30/2010
I have only read this chapter and I must say this is not a story I would normally read... BUT. Your style of writing is very different from mine and the stories/books I read. Only thing I must say is that you should really use more descriptive words because I simply cannot imagine myself where you want me to be. Other than that great job, seems like you've been writing for a while and it shows.
This Account is Inactive chapter 8 . 12/29/2010
This one was REALLY REALLY GOOD! I couldn't stop reading the moment I started! Grace reminds me of someone I know... I feel kind of bad for her, believe it or not. Poor Eidan, he's in love with Jenna and he wants to kill her. And poor Grace, I think she loves him too. Like you said, she just kept waiting for him to remember... You made a few mistakes though... You may need to read it over. :D :D :D :D
Whirlymerle chapter 2 . 12/29/2010
Haha, I really liked the part about how Jenna wanted to see the maids bump into each other, I think her character really shown through, this was truly showing, and not telling.

Your writing is excellent, great job!
the girl julianna chapter 8 . 12/29/2010
Now I understand so much. So Caelum is part of Eidan. Okay. Good. Glad that mystery's solved. ;)

And I thought I had sucky birthdays...guess not.

Another well written chapter, can't really complain!
Vernelley chapter 8 . 12/29/2010
Well the chapter was pretty long, but it was definitely worth reading :)

Oh noes, Eidan wanted to kill Jenna! D: Well it wasn't really him, I guess it was more to do with Caelum... And haha, Grace got rejected. I do feel a little sorry for her though. Just a smidgin.

Hmm, I thought Lacie was a bit fishy... I don't like Lucan that much but now I'm worried.

Thought the reference back to the rabbits in Grace's part was amusing, since it was mentioned earlier.

Ee looks like Jenna's gut feeling were too right. And they're all statues now? o_O

Caelum was obviously evil ever since he was introduced, but aah o_o

Looks like things aren't going to go well ._.

And kudos for the always creepy italics :) They always provide some massively suspenseful foreshadow. Gahh I wanna know what happens next. Update soon! :D

~Gossip
This Account is Inactive chapter 7 . 12/28/2010
I really like this chapter, things are starting to heat up now and get complicated. I DO love complications. I didn't find it very confusing at all... Then again, I've hardly found anything that I somehow just couldn't understand...
Eiya Weathes chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
[Grace sighed. "Normally, Ethel would say if you remembered everything, it would only harm you. Since your memory loss acts as a barrier to your… harm. But truth be told, I could care less. Nevertheless, I'll give you a warning."

She straightened up, walking towards him until they stood face to face. "Once you remember everything , you'll start changing. In more ways than one."

Eidan resisted the urge to step back and release himself from her penetrating gaze. "What do you mean I'll change?"

"He'll come back, Eidan. And he'll start haunting you again."

"What are you talking about? Who-"

"That urge to kill people and get your revenge will return…"

Roughly, he grabbed her by the shoulder and shook her. "Who? What revenge? Stop being so confusing!"

Grace didn't seem fazed by the fact that he was digging his fingers into her shoulders. In fact, she acted as if she didn't notice him. "Well, it's not your revenge. It's more his revenge, but since you two are ideally the same person, it works both ways."

Gritting his teeth, Eidan hissed. "Are you just going to continue talking in riddles?"

She slithered out of his grasp. The darkness in her eyes returned as she cupped his chin and forced him to look at her.

"You asked for this."

And with that, she clutched his forehead, and the memories came bursting through.]

- I love this. It made me want to know more of Eidan. He's gahh.

["Both of you are free to leave now. I no longer require your assistance – not that I required it ten minutes ago, but nevertheless, thank you for that." Prince Lucan motioned for the guards to leave, indicating the door's direction.]

- Ah so Lucan isn't that uptight and actually has a sense of humor.

[Curiously, Jenna watched Lucan walk over to the girl, towering over her. His tone may have been hard, but it was obvious that he cared deeply for this girl. His face had now grown soft, like a father doting on a young child.

The girl called Lacie folded her arms. "I was wondering where you were. And where are your guards? Hypocrite."

"I don't need them."]

- Lucan, I'm loving you now. Sweet guys are *sighs dreamily*.

[The Princess walked over to him, noticing how his face looked serious and grave. "Why was she wearing a veil?" she asked, frowning when Lucan just shook his head.

"It's a long story."

"I don't mind-"

Lucan snapped, glaring at her. "It's a really long story."

Surprised, Jenna looked away, her frown growing deeper.

"Sorry," he mumbled, sighing. "It's a personal subject, and even I don't know the full story."

Jenna shrugged, willing to let it go. It was a flaw of hers to stoop into people's business, so she reluctantly accepted that it was her fault Lucan snapped. She tried to lighten the mood instead.

"Your parents are more protective of you two than mine are of me. Why all the guards?" Jenna grinned.

It didn't work.

Lucan shook his head, walking away. "That's a long story as well," he mumbled. "We should go to the dining room now, Jenna."

Jenna sighed, watching him as he walked ahead of her. Getting to know Lucan may be more tedious than she thought it would be.]

- Okay. Spoke to soon.

The last part got me though. Now I want to read what happens next!

I think Caelum is trapped within Eidan and is technically the 'monster' Grace was talking about. Or maybe Caelum is Eidan's half-shadow...a darker shadow at that. I'm not so sure.

- Amethyst Penn

~ This review is sponsored by The Roadhouse.
Narq chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
Wow! ipod touch 4? Nice!

I got my first laptop! :D Using it right now!

Um... I'm starting to think that maybe Lucan and Eidan is the same person?

:sigh: I have no idea. You're playing me like cat and mouse :(

Cheers!

Narq.
Narq chapter 6 . 12/27/2010
It was barely even morning

- not really necessary because it is obvious because of the descriptions later.

In his mind, Eidan was debating whether or not he should leave

- quite obvious that it's in his mind, so not needed.

"No, my hair is, fortunately, not long enough to be braided," he said.

- LOL!

Is Grace and Jenna mirrors? Like the other two boys?

NExt!
Vernelley chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
Well, the italics at the start and end were definitely very effective. Ah, Grace. I don't like her :( And somehow I don't think things are going to go well for Eidan now...

I think another thing interesting in this chapter is Lucan's view on the arranged marriage; while I'm sure Jenna's glad she's not seen as the superficial type, she's definitely annoyed about it because she doesn't want to go through with it.

And that last part at the end was très suspenseful as well. The tone of that bit was really dark and mysterious. So far I'm thinking Caelum has something to do with Eidan?

Anyway, awesome chapter as always :)

~Gossip
Frayling0 chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
First off, I had a good Christmas, glad you did too! I couldn't wait for the continuation of Grace's appearance, so great start to the chapter. I want to know the truth about Eidan! Hidden memories! A secret past! Gah! It was nice to see Lucan again. He thinks he's doing this for political good but I feel sorry for Jenna whose trapped in all of this. Lacie seems odd... I wonder what happened with the whole veil incident? I'm guessing Caelum is whatever is inside Eidan... but what it is I have no idea? So many questions! No answers! Hurry up and update soon! ~ Luke, RH
the girl julianna chapter 7 . 12/27/2010
Wow, who knew Lucan could pull off dark and mysterious? So there are more secrets that need to be revealed. I'm curious, that's for sure. And who's this Caelum dude!
the girl julianna chapter 6 . 12/27/2010
I don't know if I'm supposed to like Grace or hate her. I'm leaning more to the hate side? But then again, Jenna is a little annoying with her melodrama as Eidan pointed out. :)
the girl julianna chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
This is just way too strange. I need to know whats up with Lucan and Grace. I'm guessing this Goddess of Light/Dark thing is referring to them? I'm also strangely jealous of Grace - I was hoping for a Eidan and Jenna pairing. :(
the girl julianna chapter 4 . 12/27/2010
So did he have some sort of amnesia? I need more explanations lol! It's strange how Jenna looks like Grace and Eidan looks like Lucan - almost some sort of parallelism? I'm also a really big sucker for the name "Lucan." :)
1,123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 57 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 .. Last Next »