Reviews for The West Canal
blurry19 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Such a cute story!
Starlite Nightfall chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Oh wow what an amazingly beautiful and fascinating story! I am so not one for one-shots but this is one of the best I've ever read! The length definitely helps :D Such a great concept and ideas and what an adorable ending! Poor Miki but I'm sure he doesn't miss the end of his finger XD 3 Loved this! *favorites*
Miqnon chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
abububu babies
alexisrenee chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
AWWWWW! This is so sweet! Miki and Jule are so adorable! I wanna reach into the story and hug both these adorable babies!
Anihyr Moonstar chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
So fantastic. Should probably be rated "M" though, just for the little ghostly jerk-off scene, I mean - not super explicit, but explicit enough to merit a mature tag. Loved the story though. And some of those descriptions, goodness. I think, "Around us, our warm water-stars-cloak-cave is fading into brightness like paint washed down a gutter..." is my favorite. That simile is brilliant.

- Moonstar
donnedid chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Er... so I just finished my umpteenth re-read of this and realized I've never even left a review. Shame on me.

I. Love. This. Story.

From start to finish. Tis lovely. I read this when I'm craving a good dose of the warm fuzzies; loner / supernatural genre. It's the perfect length too! Read a bunch of your other stories as well and I am so envious of your writing. It feels rich and full, and your plot details are so unique. Where do you get your ideas from? Anyway. I am a fan. Hope Metonia is still in the works!
spoileralert chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
A big heap of . I love the whole magical Venice feel of this story. So cool!
CalliScribbles chapter 1 . 4/25/2012
Wow, this world here is really vivid. It has kind of a cajun flavor. :)
ngt chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
wonderful story. seriously, very lovely. [:
transcend chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This is just completely fantastic. Just- wow. I love your worldbuilding, love the little insights to death, ghosts and magic that you've created that just feels intuitive and doesn't need a big block of text to explain, and complements well with the story. Not to mention that Julin and Miki are absolutely precious and the way Julin goes about 'keeping' him as a ghost was just so intriguing and sweet. I especially love the dream sequence, lovely imagery. :)
Scardusk chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
This was...sweet and creepy. There were so many disturbing elements - the ghost at the beginning, taking the little finger bone, feeding the ghost blood and then boiling crawfish alive - all that was creepy but the rest was sweet and heartwarming to the max and a little sexy. All in all a great mix ;D Loved it.
Pish chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Sputter-that was lovely. Haha, should really log in to comment, but that takes too much time. Really nice, not too magical and nifty-ifty with the terms, and was very you.

Eeck, love.
Error-Author chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
I loved it. Finding good witch stories these days is rarer than green diamonds.

Thank you for writing such a lovely piece- it was unique, to the point, and sweet. I found myself desperately hoping you wouldn't end it in a sad way about halfway through and I'm glad you didn't.

I know you ended the piece but it does have potential for further exploration..? It is beautiful the way it is, however, and I have no business poking my nose in your writing workload anyhow

Thank you- and I just read your profile; I hope you're doing alright.. I know how hard depression can be and how much it affects both the individual and everyone around them- even if I've only experienced it indirectly. Couple that with chronic pain and I really feel for you.. On a brighter note, you're goddamn Batman. :) Cheers.
Zethoa chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Awesome concept, awesome story. I'd say it was a little fast-paced, but hell, it's s'posed to be a one-shot. I especially liked the gutter witch concept, and Miki is a sweetheart. A really fantastic read. )
shyd1 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
What a unique story! This was great, had the fantasy and the romance and the happy ending!

What a great character you built with so few words.
37 | Page 1 .. Last Next »