Reviews for Reflections
LadyAxe chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
I knew it! I knew she would not make it out! Damn, I have had many of these nightmares, mostly the things chasing me being big black dogs, like Hellhounds or something.

Your story was engaging and easy to read. I enjoyed the obscurity of the settings and the dream elements. The repetition builds the suspense beautifully! I really enjoyed this one! Nicely done!
Ioga chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Last one for the day! (And sure to help me have sweet dreams.)

The types of nightmares were interesting - I'm always wondering what kinds of dreams other people might have. Whenever I'm running from something it's a wild adrenaline-packed adventure, not a nightmare. Other people seem to be running from nameless threats more. Oh well. Maybe everyone needs to role play as teenagers - it's made me not fear death in dreams, since it's usually turned into character death. ;)

At the end, I felt a bit like this was a dream within a dream setting (hmm, who's been watching Inception lately, I wonder?). It fits with how strange the final entrapment is, dreamlike even after she might start to suspect she's now awake in a strange land. Instead, maybe she never was awake - maybe her entire life was a dream (and now we get more into Matrix-like business, huh).

Minor nitpicks (my nit-sensors are well-oiled today, it seems): "either ways" - either way? "Why inside your head, nothing changes?" I'm wondering if this should have a comma after why or none after head. "there was nothing to at" - missing a verb, like 'look'? It felt a bit like "freezing hands" should maybe be freezing cold, since they made me think of hands that make things freeze. X-) Nearby, "you fake dumb" should maybe be stupidity, or pretend to be dumb. "Tendril - like" - tendril-like.

Thanks again!
meowmie chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Awesome!
random reviewer chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
cleverly written. good job
BlackAliceButterfly chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
simple and scary. where nightmares chase you, wanting to possess you even when you're awake. where reality is merely a form of lucid dreaming, and they'll come for you...

-claps- very good.