Reviews for Before 2011 There Is Sorrow
HiddenFromYou chapter 21 . 7/10/2011
I'm really glad you're still writing and am really looking forward to working my way through all the stuff you've got for 2011. You've done some brilliant work here, and I hope you continue. :)
HiddenFromYou chapter 19 . 7/10/2011
Your words never fail to captivate me, making me want to keep reading forever. You put the emotions together in such a way that I get pulled completely into them, the fear, the shock, the regret, all put across perfectly.

The last line did throw me a little though. It felt like it was out of place, slightly forced.
HiddenFromYou chapter 17 . 7/10/2011
This was intriguing, the final line especially. It left me really thinking about and considering the deeper meanings in your words, which is brilliant. Really thought inducing and deep piece of writing. :)
HiddenFromYou chapter 15 . 7/10/2011
Back to slowly working through. :P

The rhyming felt a little jarring in this poem. I think it was the fact that it slipped in and out of actually rhyming and didn't hold either rhythm for very long.

The ending packs the perfect punch (as always :P) though. I've always liked poems that manage to seemlessly link the begginning to the end and this was no exception.

Very well written, and I can also relate to the over-all sentiment, just the rhyming needs a bit of tightening up. :)
HiddenFromYou chapter 13 . 4/6/2011
Hey, mate. :) I've finally found time to review everything I've missed during my absence. There are rather a lot of stories/poems (around 400), but a lot of fun stuff to read as well. I haven't read any of the future entries to your collections, so I'll apologise here if anything I say seems a little rude or unthinking. I don't mean to be. I hope you're well and doing good. :)

From reading this, your poems are just as good as I remember them. There's a lot of power and heart put into this one, as well as lot of truth in your words. The ending is the best part, which is how it should be, so that the reader walks away thinking about what they read and what effect it had on them.

With the opening verse, how it was structured (starting with 'as selfish as saying') I expected something to come after the speech, such as 'is...'. I don't actually think it's incorrect sentence structure though, so it was something unique to read. It did hold me up slightly though.

"you get wasted and hangover" - "hangover" should be past tense.

As I found with a lot of your stuff, I can relate to this quite a lot, which is always good from a reader's perspective. A really cool way to start reading your stuff again. :)
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 20 . 12/24/2010
Thats true we do get very selfish during christmas. We eat and smile and joke all the while just waiting for our gifts. I really liked this poem and can't wait for your take on the new year.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 19 . 12/23/2010
This was very good. I liked the way you made free seem like a person. My interpretation for this one (Though I may be wrong) was that you are aften forced to make decisions that you don't want to make by certain situations. And you don't really have a choice in the matter sometimes. Which kind of defeats the perpose of free will doesn't it?
corcopat chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
'logger34' here. just wondering, why were my points of view erased? is reality too much for you? or was i just bothersome? I would gladly appreciate a well rounded response so that I have a very good reason to never write about your great work again.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 17 . 12/19/2010
I'm really starting to feel like a stalker or something with all the reviews I'm sending, but I wanted to say that I loved this one.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 15 . 12/19/2010
Your poems get better as time passes I thinkk. Though they are all pretty good.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 14 . 12/19/2010
I really like this one too. BTW it was written on my birthday.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 13 . 12/19/2010
Disregard last review. This one is my favorite.
Elizabeth-Dare chapter 12 . 12/19/2010
I think I like this poem best so far.
lymli chapter 14 . 12/2/2010
whether hope is real or not

in this cruel, unnatural world.

I like that part,felt very hopeless, bu so true.
HiddenFromYou chapter 12 . 11/28/2010
The final stanza if fucking awesome. The rhyming flows together perfectly and it has a wonderful kick in the gut ending. I have to say, I think that's the best ending you've ever had on one of your poems.

I think what could make the death at the end even stronger though, is if you don't mention death anywhere throughout the poem before it. It would come as more of surprise then I think.

"were you stay" - Should be 'where you stay'.

-From the Review Marathon (check out the link in my profile)