Reviews for The Car Crash Love Affair
cassandove chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
This... It just is. And that's why I love it.
TrajectoryToNoWhere chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
I like "skin of leather" and "wonderfully flawed". The metaphor lost me a bit towards the end, though. And I wasn't sure whether I was meant to take the car seriously.
Rosetta Penn chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
The last stanza is awesome.

Btw, sorry if it's weird that I'm suddenly reviewing a lot of your work. It's because I should be studying for finals. Please don't feel pressured to reciprocate. In fact, I'd rather you didn't. At least not until I've posted anything more recent, or more worthwhile.
the sun softly smiles chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
"hands raving about" sounds slightly awkward to me, but I LOVE the line about how the box should have stored socks, so I guess it evens out. all in all, very nice work :)

- Leila
steffxnie chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
The way you built it up is wonderful. The first and second stanza stands out to me because it has a storytelling style. The rest becomes more realistic and it makes the story more alive. I like the metaphorical expressions in this. The story is simple but you've twirled it this way and that and pulled more threads out, if you accept my way of describing it. :)
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
A great piece - the emotions are really raw, and the writing is, as usual with your work, really elegant. The imagery works well and you create a really vivid picture. I really enjoyed reading it, despite the content of it. Nice work.
metacognitive chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
The rhyming is very fluent and natural, and your imagery is just gorgeous. Lovely piece.
Vanity Means Nothingness chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Once again, lovely.

I feel lucky whenever I stumble upon your pieces,

as they are always gorgeous.

Vanity