Reviews for Surface of the Deep
nemoskull chapter 27 . 2/14/2018
fuck you. and fuck your story too. and fuck the last 9 hours i wasted on this.
im never reading anything you write again.
MejraThea chapter 27 . 5/2/2016
I read this all today. I loved it. I loved it, and I was enjoying it - and then Safi gave up her voice, and I knew where this was going to go, and I hated you. Then in the last (or next to last) chapter Iphi and Safi finally get together and I thought "oh thank god, it isn't going to be like that" and then you went there again. And I do hate you, a little bit. But I still love it and I will read it again.

A few suggestions. In the chapters when Iphi is treating Safi to write, there are some errors; a few instances of write being written as right, and of read being written as reed. Also, in the last paragraph, the "stuff of legends" could probably be better worded because 'stuff' feels out of place in this speech.
Guest chapter 27 . 10/23/2014
This. This right there.

This is why I read the ending first.

To avoid getting attached and then have the author ruin it by ending it unhappily.
Apathicus chapter 27 . 8/21/2014
Whew, I practically devoured this story from start to finish. My god, it's amazing. Someone recommended this and I'm so glad I tried it. This is absolutely stunning, it was like reading an actual book/novel (that's not something I expected, I usually read fanfiction and that's a gigantic level below this). Wish the ending could've been happier, but I shouldn't be surprised considering all the soundtracks. I had hoped you had more stories, but that's not the case... At least I can up your review count, because this definitely deserves it. I'm highly, highly impressed.
JimbabweK88 chapter 27 . 7/20/2014
... ... ... ... Iphi and Safi... ... ... ... I just... I just wanted happiness for them... I guess that's why this is an evil fairy tale... Well... fuck...

In all honesty, though, thank you for this amazing story. I'd still own it if I could buy it. I loved your writing. I hope you release more stories. This was beautiful. Truly beautiful. Thank you. :'-(
JimbabweK88 chapter 26 . 7/20/2014
Iphi realizing Selena and Safi are the real person brought tears to my eyes and a lot sniffling. Thanks for that!

The ending... oh my goodness, the ending. That was beautiful. It was erotic, yeah, but it so beautifully written as well. I cannot give you enough praise! Your working is stunning. I love this story! If this story ever gets published I will buy it the day it's released. There needs to be more mermaid stories like this. You. You are an excellent writer! :-)
JimbabweK88 chapter 25 . 7/20/2014
... FUCK!... to the beginning!

...OH MY GOD, PLEASE, IPHI, LOVE SAFI (SELENA)! DON'T LET HER DIE!... to the ending!
JimbabweK88 chapter 24 . 7/20/2014
I appreciated The Little Mermaid reference in this chapter. "How I longed to be at her side, a part of her dance, a part of her world." That was beautifully written. :)

Oh my God! The passion. The raw passion! Iphi and Selena... just kiss already. You practically were! I need this relationship to happen!

On a side note, if Euphedor has returned... oh my God, I hope he hasn't... I just want there to be happiness at the end of this story. I want Iphi and Selena (Safi) to be happy!
JimbabweK88 chapter 23 . 7/20/2014
Melanda letting Selena go literally brought tears to my eyes. I hope Selena visits them again. Maybe she can even bring Iphi to them and they can converse together?

So much freaking angst! I have a terrifying feeling this may end for the worst...
JimbabweK88 chapter 22 . 7/20/2014
They love each other. I know Iphi doesn't want to betray Safi, but she loves Selena.
JimbabweK88 chapter 21 . 7/20/2014
AHHHHHHH!

IPHI! Open your eyes! Selena IS Safi! Don't let Safi (aka Selena) turn to sea foam! I know you don't know of this curse but you MUST save her regardless! You must see that Safi and Selena are the same before it's too late! Please! I don't want Safi to die! :'-(
JimbabweK88 chapter 20 . 7/20/2014
Iphi teaching Safi to write was so freaking adorable! I laughed and felt as much joy as Iphi. I love their relationship so much. You do a wonderful job at painting them together. :)

The ending was wonderful. I want Safi to tell Iphi who she is. I know she thinks Iphi hates her mermaid form, but if only Iphi would tell Selena about Safi she would see that Iphi does in fact love her. Then again, what reason does Iphi have to tell Selena of Safi?

Also, I noticed in this chapter that you used the word "right" when you were meaning to use the word "write." :D
JimbabweK88 chapter 18 . 7/20/2014
Beautiful. I'm so happy Safi -Selena- and Iphi reunited even if Safi can't tell Iphi who she really is. I just everything works out in the end...
LibraryLass chapter 27 . 7/20/2014
As soon as the entr'acte happened I knew there was only one way this story was going to end... and it was done as beautifully as the rest of the story, and in a way that has the potential to be happier than some retellings... but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

It's first-rate, anyway. The only thing that approaches being a problem for me lies at the feet of Hans Christian Andersen, not the author of this story. Definitely favorited.
xJimbabweK88x chapter 17 . 7/19/2014
I hope Safi doesn't go in to prostituion to find Iphi. I could be funny, of course, but I really hope that's not the case. I want her to find her without promiscuous sex. I just hope when she finds her soldier Iphi will be able to recognize her or at least accept her and hopefully fall in love with her.

Also, Safi dancing to Pelas was clever. Oh, and Melanda's reaction to Safi's dance was just hilarious! I literally laughed out loud. XD
40 | Page 1 .. Last Next »