Reviews for Stray
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
"kept your thorny thumb prints on/the surface,"... I feel like keeping would have been better because the rest of the piece is in present tense so the past tense sounded a bit awkward

I really like this piece. Your description of yourself as paper was really beautiful in the beginning. I also loved the ending. It's an interesting idea. I also liked it because I can definitely relate to one person being such an influence on your creative process. "You left your fingerprints on my poetry" and "you/are so full of metaphor" were really beautiful ways to express that. Really beautiful piece.

Review Marathon this weekend (link in my profile!)
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Sort of reminds me of "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day", especially the ending where the speaker decides to immortalize her object of worship in the semi-eternity of the written word. Lots of power statements here. Shakes you up. Leaves an imprint on ya (like the speaker's own inspiration, a sort of perpetum mobile here, artist inspires artist inspires artist). "ghost-whore" is an image I won't quickly forget.
Yorkensmorkenstein chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Well, your writing defintiely one-ups mine. Well-done.