Reviews for Like A Romantic Balcony Scene
Brianarae0408 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Wow, I really like this! Simply amazing, that's all I can say.
Domina chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
very well done, this is my favorite of yours :)
Ubiquitous Differences chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
This is really a great poem. The word manhandled really adds a layer of depth and contrast, and the entire poem is really unique. :)
Sexy Vampirechick chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Wow...really nice!You really have a way of words!
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Wow! This is such an interesting piece! I love how you begin it because the “manhandled” part really grabbed my attention; I wasn’t expecting it to begin so strongly. I also love the comment the character made because it was so poetic and crafty. What a wonderful piece. Excellent work; I really enjoyed this!

Review courtesy of The Review Game’s Review Marathon. For more info, visit the link on my profile.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
I love that contradiction right from the beginning between the title and the first line. I was not at all expecting from the title to go to something so powerfully horrible. It was a great contrast and I think it made those first two lines even more powerful.

I was a little confused with the endangered species thing because usually you are extra careful with endangered species and wouldn't be manhandling them...

The quote at the end was really interesting. The stomach/heart thing was an interesting connection and I think it kind of tried to explain why the person was acting the way they were.

PS Check out the Review Game and/or it's Review Marathon (links in my profile!)
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
I love the end in quotations. Nice piece. Keep it Up!
nickyO chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
I think the line "the stomach of my heart" is quite interesting. It makes me think of digestion (links with other word/idea in the poem "understand" & the thought that the stomach is an empty space until filled linking it with need. Good work.
playing in gasoline chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
I really like this.

I can feel the desperation in the man's (or woman's) voice as they say the last three lines.

I like the feeling of injury you portray, the desire to be healed.
lymli chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
I hate when people say the way to heart is food...
Melanie Layugan chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Just breathtaking. When reading this it evokes such longing to be treated with care, but to be understood. Keep up the work!
Amandriella Peetrifica chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
How col! I had never heard of the Choka form until now..! You did the syllables right upon looking it up. If it is meant to be done a certain way as supposedly the Haiku's are, then I can't say anything to that, lol.

I love the word choice you use (perchance due to the style that really makes you skillfully pick your words wisely), and the image you wondrously depict. In some ways, I think it's great as a Choka poem.. in other ways, I feel that it is too chopped to be a Choka and that it throws off the rhythm.. but again- it also works as well this way. -shrug- But what do I know? :)

I love that this has the potential to be interpreted and seen/viewed from many different angles, too! :) I never would have personally placed the title with it though... That alone gives it a fresh spin on the imagery to try to imagine it in such a manner...

As always: I love your poetry, Anna! :)
Insanity Streak chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
I really like the sentiment in this poem. You write about how love is special and endangered but the way you write it makes it come across as quite innovative and fresh (for me.) I love every line of it and in particular: "You manhandled me onto a stretcher." Quite an interesting concept within the imagery. Great poem.
Kati chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Aw. I know my reviews aren't very constructive but I think it's adorable.

Love,

Your twin always and forever

Kati
Punslinger chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
This is an unexpected variation of the saying: "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach," but it makes an effective metaphor. And being "manhandled onto a stretcher like I was the last of an endangered species" is powerful imagery.

I'm still trying to get used to the choka form, so excuse me if this isn't a very helpful review.