Reviews for Companion
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Ah, your writing is always so beautiful. I love how you tied the first line back in near the very end. It gave the piece structure that helped fortify it. I adored the second stanza (the entire piece, actually, but the second stanza, especially), because of, “intersecting with/the anthropomorphic intercourse/of love at first delight” part. I just thought the wording there was so beautiful and such a strong way to begin a piece.

Review courtesy of The Review Game’s Review Marathon. For more info, visit the link on my profile.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Review Marathon this weekend! (link in my profile)

"no arm cast over my like a veil any more."... over me

I like how you connected the beginning and the end with that line. It worked well to bring the piece together. Especially since at the end night is driving away the other inclination.

"of love at first delight;"... I liked that line. Using delight was a nice choice since it rhymed with sight, but is of course way less cliche.

The part about your mother threw me off a bit. I wasn't sure what the connection was between her and you other than the being outside thing. Was it supposed to imply she was in a similar situation once?

I liked the whole veil thing. You connected it to the night really well with the screen and then explaining it more by introducing the "you."

Nice job!
picklesandpotatos chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
I liked it a lot.
Louis Denair chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
"love at first delight"

Love the hedonistic twist.

A little vague round the edges

but beautifully sculpted

in a truly turpic tradition.

Night's always a good theme.