Reviews for cords
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 6 . 11/1/2011
As always, great chapter. I love the way you show the relationship between the two, and the way you show Ro's hesistation in helping Alley to escape; it works really well, and it makes it all the more effective when he does unleash his 'power' (so to speak). Alley's reaction was perfect, the way he was scared but still willing to be around him and wanting Ro to escape with him. Awesome stuff, can't wait for the next chapter.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 5 . 8/3/2011
Aw, I'm blushing. Seriously, I feel honoured. Anyway, the reivew; I loved that chapter. Pure and simple. As always, I really like the style of having a sort of 'scene' before the title, then jumping into the chapter itself. It works really well. And great to see a longer chapter, too. The action was written really well, and it was clear throughout. And, I was wondering throughout it if Ronan was going to try to use his powers at some point or not, and I liked the sort of interior monologue he has at the end about that very thing. Poor kid; I don't think Alley would hate him for it, not if it helped him escape. Eagerly looking forward to more! Keep it up.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 4 . 3/27/2011
I really hope you update this soon - I love this story, it's unique and original, and that chapter was great. I love Alley, he's a really interesting character and I get the impression that he's pretty loyal, too. the voice of the main character is, as usual, really strong, and I liked their conversation. A great ending to that chapter, has me grinning like an idiot as I write this. The only mistake/typo I spotted was;

["…Am I?" I said finally.

"No."

I almost flinched from the word, but held my ground. "I'm sorry.]

Is it supposed to be 'he' instead of I after 'Am I', or should that come before the 'no'? Or is he speaking and Alley answering? I'm only a little confused because it's Alley who askes about being forgiven. Anyway, yeah, great stuff! Please, please, please update soon!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 3 . 3/6/2011
Really nice chapter, I liked the interactions between them - it worked well, and I like how he's slowly starting to kind of come around to Alley, starting to like him, maybe. As always, the dialogue, description and action work really well together; a lot of people would write the fight scene, but I like how it's left out here, we just see the aftermath. It works well. And the explanation for why the different people are there was good - it wasn't too much of an info-dump. Great stuff.
The-Unremarkable-Ladle chapter 4 . 2/26/2011
I'm not sure what to make of this-it sort of feels like some post-apolcalypse/disaster thing...But with way more originality. The narrative techniqueEXCELLENT (says the English Lit student) and I love the way you've developed characterisation. Also, I really feel for both Ronan and Alley; this is also a good sign.

Please, please keep up the wonderful work!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 2 . 2/21/2011
Another wonderful chapter; the descriptions work really well and I feel like everything matches Ronan's character. Great job with that. Despite his annoyance towards Alley, I find myself really liking Alley as a character; he seems interesting and fun, and I can imagine the two becoming close, especially if Ronan uses his 'talents' to get them out. Overall, like I said, wonderful chapter; the style is great, the pace works and the dialogue just adds to it all. Great suff.
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
I'm surprised this doesn't have more reviews. it's such an interesting concept, and the way you introduce it is done brilliantly - you don't get bogged down in exposistion or description of how this world is different, but you make it natural and normal, fitting in the world we're reading about. The part about having scars from the stiches is great; it creates a very vivid picture without you overdescribing it. Overall, I think, a wonderful opening chapter and I'll be reading more soon as I can. Great stuff.
improvisationallychallenged chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
This was a subtle and eerily beautiful concept. It's such a simple thing, but you managed to make it terrifying. The style feels quite direct and fableish, and throughout the whole thing, I was second guessing where this could go, whether this was about the makings of a monster or a hero.

To be honest, I'm still not sure, but I'd be very interested to find out.

I love the way you set up the world - no blocks of exposition and dry, never-ending details to illustrate just how 'different' it is from normality. It's crisp, direct, and by unfolding naturally in the narrative is far more intriguing and engaging, as it demands I put it together for myself. Again, I'd love to find out more about this world of singers. :)