Reviews for mailbox eyes
rust phoenix chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
i love how you show so much about someone in just a few sentences.
rust phoenix chapter 2 . 12/13/2012
this is beautiful. i love the subtlety of the last line in comparison to the two before it.
RinaJewelz chapter 5 . 8/12/2012
I like the fluidity of this piece, it reads and flows really well.
I like that it's about jeans as it's an object that has connotations of something well worn and used but very personal. Good job :)

Ceri from the Review Game's Review Marathon (link in profile)
RinaJewelz chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
I liked the image of stained red pockets in the last line because red holds so many connotations. What's it stained with? Blood? Ketchup? Lipstick? It's left up to the imagination of the reader.
I didn't like the use of capitals in this as it's inconsistent.
RinaJewelz chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
I don't like the lack of capitals here because you use full stops after every sentence so it's visually confusing.
I love the image of the clip on tie as I think it's a perfect representation of the 'appearance v. reality' concept you have going on here
RinaJewelz chapter 2 . 8/12/2012
I love the images here as it almost makes me imagine a fight between a man and the road.
I like the way this is just one long sentence as it carries a feel of continuity with the piece before it.
RinaJewelz chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
I like the lack of capitalisation here as it really helps the feel of endless night your trying to create.
I liked the image of night drawing breath too, it's really vivid.

Ceri from the Review Game's Review Marathon (link in profile)
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 5 . 8/11/2012
Mmm, this puts so many images in my head... XD I think this one's one of my favorites, because I have a thing for ripped jeans, and because I like the idea of someone actually creating the rips. It could either be sexy or vicious, depending on how the reader wants to take it. Me, personally, I like to see it as sexy. ;)
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 4 . 8/11/2012
Hmm, why would his pockets be stained red? Does he cut himself? And he spends "days at the mirror" with his "glasses on the bureau"... Does he see himself as ugly? This feels heavily like a poem about low self-esteem, although I could be wrong about that.

I think I would have preferred if the word "His" in the second and third lines was not capitalized, only because I like consistency. But that's a very small issue. I like the poem as is very much.
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 3 . 8/11/2012
Ooh, this is a good one. I get a "someone trying to be something they're not" feel from it. The clip-on tie is indicative of that, as is the "well-practiced posture." Perhaps a man pretending he's richer than he is?

I love the ambiguity. Your haikus are something to be admired.
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
This makes me think of an angry guy skateboarding along a vacant street, trying to forget something bad that's happened. I'm not sure if that image is anywhere near what you intended for your readers to see, but it's the image that came to mind. XD

Anyway, I like this one as well. Good job. :)
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Interesting. Did "she" leave? Feels like it.

I like this very much. The middle line - the 7-syllable - is my favorite. Nicely done.
lymli chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
that's kinda sad, it felt he was left.
cab fed hig chapter 3 . 12/2/2010
really interesting haiku (and chapter titles too).