Reviews for Treasured
adrie545 chapter 2 . 6/4/2011
I really enjoy your story. It takes a completely different take on things and is out of the ordinary, very attention grabbing.

I sincerely hope you continue. D
overlordpotatoe chapter 2 . 6/3/2011
For some reason, the bits with the talking bird are my favourite :)
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 2 . 5/28/2011
so, i didn't really like this story at first, but it grows on me. or, should i say, the more i read it, the more intrigued i am by the characters. it is a perplexing and fascinating lay of story you have here. keep up the good work!
Amarantis chapter 2 . 5/28/2011
Wah, awesome. Continuation! :D It's so easy to read and fall into the rythm of the story. I really like the characters and their backgrounds.
Blackers chapter 2 . 5/28/2011
Yay. That is all.
overlordpotatoe chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Run, Owen, run and call the police.

I like this. It's subtle, and reveals things slowly with little hints and clues.
Ariadne Suspires chapter 2 . 3/8/2011
I don't know if you plan to go back to this one, but I hope you do. I am super curious to see what happens as the old man/creature wakes up, and for some reason I absolutely love the shit-stirring crow-I guess if you're born a carrion-eater, you might as well have some vision about it. Neat stuff.
Madame Penguin chapter 2 . 2/21/2011
I like how the direction of the story is going so far. The fact that the story is told by the one who warns instead of the one who is being warn is a POV I have not really seen yet. I am most interested in the past of this old man and his rise to youth once more. I hope he moves over to the Middle East or something like that to take over the country first since a third world country might be the best route in conquering and the old man has time right? Plus it is less suspicious if he took over a smaller country and earn the trust of the people one by one.

What is with the crow though? He seems too smart for any regular crow, and it kind of reminds me of the snake that tempts Eve to eat the forbidden fruit, so you have a chance to use biblical history as a way to say that history repeats itself and should use it to learn from or something of those sorts. Oh this story makes my ideas flowing and I can't wait until the next update!
sick at heart chapter 2 . 1/10/2011
Aw, I'm liking this so far. I'd love to see it continued
Dreaming Maya chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
I like this story! Mostly because I've kept my childish beleif in dragons from when I was little - and I really want the old man to be a Chinese Lung.

Besides - you could make it halarious to have poor owen freak out over the old man stalking him.
AnonBonBon chapter 2 . 12/14/2010
I'm almost not sure what you may or may not be going with this. But it's freaking awesome.
EndeavorThroughTheMist chapter 2 . 12/8/2010
Well I'm no writing expert, and I'm sure you know your own stories best, but I like this the way it is. I don't think it needs to be re-written. I do think it would be neat and would give a better perspective if you did do something from Owen's point of view at some point though, maybe like the next chapter, so we can see what he thought of finding some creeper from the drugstore waiting outside his house? Whatever you decide will be wonderful though I'm sure. I like this; the stories that keep me guessing are the best ones.
IWouldLikeToDeleteThisAccount chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Very intriguing... I'm not sure how I'd respond to a strange corner store clerk showing up at my door with such a message! What a trip!

Definitely excited for further updates, and I'm especially excited to see how you further develop this "dragon's" character.

Forgive me if I was too carelessly to note it, but what exactly does this main character look like? It is hinted that he is older, but I am having a hard time grasping his appearance. Have I overlooked something?

God, the dialogue is delicious. I feel as though you have chosen the words of these two carefully and as such have given them finely fleshed out personalities. I love it!
jayanx chapter 2 . 11/27/2010
I would never presume to tell you what to do with your story, that said I actually really like it. It's interesting reading from this point of view, I like the main character and his perspective on things. It's different, and even though it is pretty heavy I am enjoying it. If you want to write something funnier and a little lighter Owen's perspective may be a better bet. Stories always seem to me to take a life of their own, and characters always seem to hijack my best intentions, so I understand your dilemma. Sometimes it is best to scrap it and start again if you are unhappy with it, and sometimes it's fun to see where the new direction goes. I'm along for the ride either way, do what you feel is right.
jayanx chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Normally I am a very fast reader, but I found myself really taking the time to slow down and savor every word of this. The word choice is just so perfect, and the images so evocative I wanted to be sure to read everything (sometimes I skip words, I don't mean to, but it's just the way I've always read). You've given him such life and color that I can't wait to read more, with one chapter you have gotten me hooked.
105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7