Reviews for Irae and the Recipe for Disaster
Drake-El chapter 21 . 12/20/2010
well this doesn't explain what happens during the time between this and mix'n'match, so i'll look forward to whatever will explain it, that is if you make one.
Drake-El chapter 20 . 12/14/2010
at least there weren't any "bear holding a shark"s, cause those are nasty.
xRayne wolfx chapter 2 . 12/11/2010
I like the fact that your plot is different from other stories I have read on fictionpress and you also keep your chapters short, but I think if you increase the length of your chapters a bit, then the reades can see more Otherwise, I like your story I will continue to read it n the future.

Keep up the good work!

Rayne wolf
xRayne wolfx chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Wow this was short but cool :) I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes but after a quick look through this chapter you'll be able to see it. I'm a little confuse by story, but I have to read the next chapter to learn more!

Rayne wolf
Drake-El chapter 18 . 12/10/2010
Maybe Sauron or whatever that guy's name was, i'd like to see how the dead sees the living.
Drake-El chapter 17 . 12/9/2010
a workers union? No one is invunerable when i take away their Dental care! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahah! jokes.
Drake-El chapter 16 . 12/8/2010
Something cool is going to happen with Umbra and Luceate, i just now it.
Ambezua chapter 16 . 12/7/2010
What is there to say...

Male banshee personal shadow familiar schoolgirls with evil plot win

Although I don't have a clue how these three events will tie into the plot exactly, its certainly holding my interest!
Drake-El chapter 15 . 12/7/2010
Worst. Parents. Ever.
Ambezua chapter 15 . 12/6/2010
Poor Luceate... Just when I thought indifferent parents were the worst, the ones who want to run your life tend to be the worst after all. There isn't a whole lot to say here, only that this change of point of view will hopefully fill in some of the gaps left here and there. I really like her as a character, and I am waiting in anticipation of what she does in the future.
Ambezua chapter 14 . 12/6/2010
I like the detail in the last few chapters, more action and kick-butt explosions than all my works put together (so far at least). Its become pretty clear that they are throwing seemingly impossible barriers in Irae's way in an attempt to overwhelm him, but the exact reasoning behind why he has the extreme amount of talent/dumb luck to get through each ordeal escapes me. I understand that it is well within the bounds of artistic license, but seriously the guy's like a freakin god. I'm not one to criticize too harshly, but it seems to me that there needs to be some explanation (even if it is a comical one) for why he is so dang powerful and skilled. He doesn't even believe (well, so he claims) in the existence of magic, yet his abilities astound even the teachers. He is a natural leader, his determination is unshakable... What doesn't he have?

As a side node, what on Earth happened to our female lead?
Drake-El chapter 11 . 12/4/2010
good chapter, any way thievery is not dying, mugging and home intrusion roberry is possibly but pick pocket is still a good way. It's discreet and the pocketee doesn't have to know until he goes to the secret location to pay off his horse racing debts or when he's at the jewelers to buy a beautiful, but expensive, piece of jewelry to save his failing marriage!
Ambezua chapter 11 . 12/4/2010
Aw, I was expecting Luceate to show up soon... I was also half-expecting her to develop into some sort of romantic interest. I dunno, it just seems to me that she is already quite fond of Irae even if he more or less sees her as someone to take care of more than anything else.

Enough of my rant, though...

You have certainly done well to introduce the zaniness of this world and introduce new characters. I am looking forward to what Arly adds to the plot as the story progresses.

- Amb

PS: war games for the win! time for some action _
Drake-El chapter 9 . 12/3/2010
SCORE! my name was the name of a minor character! yes! anyway on a more MINOR note, stroy's good, hilarious, and intriguing. can't wait to read the rest.
Ambezua chapter 9 . 12/3/2010
Ok, wow... First of all, I want to congratulate you on thinking this story up. It certainly has a very intriguing and engaging plot, although it took some time for it to get moving. While I do not fully understand the purpose behind the entire camping trip incident, the plot following the Recipe for Disaster incident has really gotten moving well! I enjoy fantasy stories, especially ones in which the reader has to learn about the world in the same way that the characters within the story do.

That being said, there are a few things that I personally find a bit... Well, shall I say, need improvement? This is mostly in a few areas in which the dialogue is confusing (concerning the speaker). Also, although I find your advanced vocabulary to be hilarious and quaint, and knowledgeable references to chemistry and physics to be amusing, for some people it might just fly right over their heads. I'm not saying you should change that, but continuing to necessitate a certain level of knowledge in these areas might turn off some readers.

I find myself wondering what exactly is going on and where this story will lead. It may be due to the fact that this story is not the first one in a series, but I get the feeling that there is a bit of lack in terms of backstory especially when it comes to Irae. Why is it that he has "magical" cooking skills? Also, what's the connection between the school and the Recipe for Disaster? I hope you will in time answer this and other questions, and that it will not be a disappointment. I know you have the skills to pull of an amazing story, so go for it!

I sincerely hope you will continue to write, and perhaps if you have time you can look over some of my own works. I need to do some spelling and grammatical edits, but if you can tolerate my shortcomings I suspect you will enjoy them.