Reviews for On Writing
scribhneoir literatka chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I must agree with nancydrewgirl (sorry if i misspelled something) about Aang. I mean, when everybody, including the Firelord's son, is telling him that the Firelord must die, Aang keeps trying to find another way. I have to say, the ending was one that was a huge story twist, and not at all what I expected of Aang. But off my anime rant and more on topic, I definitely think we need more heroes that want to actually do *good* instead of *saving* certian people, which is what I am attempting in my stories. I definitely like the good and evil piece as well...great job!
Fantastic Nonsense chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
This is a very in-depth thought-provoking piece.

The one thing in this chapter that stood out was:

A hero would be a lot more interesting if they stopped and said 'I can't kill him, even if he's evil. It's still murder' rather than just lopping a guys head off.

It just reminded me of Aang from the popular American cartoon

'Avatar:The Last Airbender'. You being from the UK, I don't know if you've ever heard of it or not. Aang, being raised by monks and being taught that all life is sacred, refuses to kill the Firelord (the 'Big Bad Guy') and continually tries to find other ways to defeat him.

You're right! They should have a vote! "Who are the Villans, and why are they 'bad'?" Or something like that. At least it'll get people thinking.
pbj13 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I totally agree! I think heroes get way too much leniency. Too much freedom, and the ability to almost seem normal...?(for lack of a better phrase). And the villans, I tend to like them more, (but that's because they're always so amusing. In any way.) so it's a bit biased, but, still...Villans aren't always evil, as you mentioned, adn they (and heroes) just do what they feel is right.

And when it comes down to it, it's mostly the authors fault for making the readers (generally speaking) loving the heroes and hating the villians. Because, they paint the hero that saves the damsel in distress (why is it always a girl? I mean, seriously!) and citizens, because the villian did/does some unspeakable act. And the villian is always so...cruel.

So. Yeah. Probably rambling there, but, well, I agree with you.

Authors should pay more attention to details, and why everyhting is happening. Instead of going with the status quo. I mean, it should be explained why the hero and villian are doing what they do.

Yeah.