Reviews for The Color of Sound
Spontaneous Juju chapter 4 . 2/25/2011
Hm... definitely interesting. I'm glad he's trying to communicate by signing with her. It just makes him seem that much more thoughtful. :) Overall a kind of sad chapter, but I think very well written. I'm so glad you finally decided to update!

-Spontaneous Juju
XxSiennaxX chapter 4 . 2/21/2011
I'm glad they've sorted out their issues to an extent, and I hope she doesn't give up completely on her life. I can't believe her father would be that insecure and lack what seems like any empathy for her situation. The least he could do is secretly hire someone to help her, or pay a classmate to transcribe class notes on her behalf - perhaps with a contract preventing them from sharing the information of Lacy's deafness?

Can't wait to read more, please update asap!
midnightwrighter chapter 4 . 2/20/2011
Hi!

I love this story and am very happy that you decided to update it. This story is just so life like and has such realistic dialouge. I absolutley love it and hope that you update soon!

-midnightwrighter :)
midnightwrighter chapter 3 . 2/12/2011
Hi!

I absolutely love your story. I love the characters, the plot, everything. I really hope you continue this story. That's it.

-midnightwrighter
XxSiennaxX chapter 3 . 1/12/2011
I really like your story so far, I'm glad someone has finally realised that she is deaf. Her father seems extremely cruel to continuously deny her help for his own personal gain. Please update asap :)
Spontaneous Juju chapter 3 . 1/8/2011
This whole story is AMAZING. I'm so glad I read it! The way you develop the characters without just saying something like "Shane was poor and very sensitive about it, so he yelled at Lacy when he thought she was being snobby" and instead use the details about Shane's work life, the dialogue and inner thoughts... it's just great! I also love the descriptions of the way Lacy started seeing sound, even though she can't hear it anymore. I also just want to say: I LOVE the way you use adjectives and which ones you pick. I've seen a lot of writing where the words just don't fit with what it seems like the author is trying to say, but your writing was really easy to read and understand what you're saying. I can't wait for the next chapter! UPDATE SOON!
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 2 . 12/4/2010
Can't wait for more!
classicallyclassic chapter 2 . 11/29/2010
I love Shane! He's trying not to fall for her but it seems that he's already half way there. I feel for Lacy. I really do especially when she has a father like that. Can't wait for the next chapter!
lovercover123 chapter 2 . 11/29/2010
I love this idea. It holds an originality to it on this website. I also like the way you realistically portray Lacy's deafness, instead of her automatically knowing what is being said. Keep up the good work!
Fooy chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I really really want another chapter! You should definitely continue :)
classicallyclassic chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I want it! I definitely want it! It's a great concept. Different from others on this site. Your writing is wonderful as well. Keep up the good work!
Lovely Heretic chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
A nice start! You got my attention with the odd way Lacy sees sounds rather than hears them. Quite an original twist. I saw a couple grammatical errors but nothing major. The interaction between Shane and Dylan was amusing. How exactly do you play spoon hockey? LOL. Well, hope you update soon! Good job. ]
Mira chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Even though this is only the first chapter, I'm totally in love with your plot, just from reading the summary. It seems like something totally unique and I really hope that you continue to write as beautifully as the first chapter is. Your characters so far seem non-Mary Sue ish, and I really hope the continues throughout the story. The idea of "seeing" the words seems a little out-there, but if you're careful and don't over-dramatize it, I think it can work. If you take the story slowly and give the characters time to develop, I think you'll have a real masterpiece on your hands. Please post the new chapter soon!