Reviews for Need of Explanation
3M2R chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
the effect of meritocracy and globalization my dear friend.

because of globalization, the once set tiers of certain civilizations have been abandoned and meritocracy has risen in popularity and importance.

Good in one way, not so in the other. well, that's the pros and cons, just a norm.

there's war, destruction, competition because we want to be better. because we want to stand above all, because we want to lead a better life. In fact, it's not really just to lead a better life, it's just to satisfy our desires. poverty and hunger is something every country has to walk through. destruction of resources is the results of advancement. If you wish it to stop, then i dare you to stop using EVERY single gadget you're using now, including the internet, computer, telephone, television, everything. it is almost impossible to live life without them in today's world.

Humanity is, like what you've mentioned, just a concept. In fact, humanity is defined by each individual. there's no such thing as a certain, specific humanity. it's personal.

One last thing I'd like to ask:

happiness and sorrow, full and hungry, destruction and harmony, wars and allies, poverty and rich... all these and many more sets of words... Can ANY one of them stand by themselves?
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
While I don't agree with everything you've said in this poem (though that's discussion for another time :P), I do like the poem because of the happiness and hopefullness of the conclusion you reached.

I didn't like the fact that, specifically towards the beginnging, there were a number of commas missed out. I also didn't like the fact that there was no punctuation at the ends of the lines if they weren't question marks, because it made me having to keep stopping and startig to check whether I should stop.

-From the Review Marathon (check out the link in my profile)
Archia chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
You convey the message strongly and I like how it's like you're talking to humanity. I like the message of this more than anything else and I think you conveyed it really well.