Reviews for Irony
3M2R chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
I don't quite get what you're trying to say, but i got the idea that what we mean of being 'civilized' and 'advanced' is actually going back in terms of civilization and advancement. Somewhat like the direct opposite of what we believe it to be. well it's true either way, we ARE advancing, but we are TOO, going back in advancement... quite a lot of things are sort of paradoxical... I'd say it's confusing, but i like that kind of confusion.
Angel Investor chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Impressive. So much meaning in so few words. And it's all true. Great job. :)
Loqwell chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I rather liked what you're saying here, along with the way you said it.

That aside, it felt a little choppy when I read it; I'm tempted to say it felt more like a neat quote separated into lines rather than a poem. Hmm, perhaps it's just me, or was intentional for the theme; I read your "Sea of Storm" for comparison and that one flowed wonderfully, so it's not like you lack skill. :]

However, it is indeed ironic that technology, which has saved us in so many ways, also is killing us in perhaps just as many.

Loqwell
Archia chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I think you're right that this didn't exactly fit in with the other piece. This is so much stronger and brings up a more controversial issue. I like this part more, because it is stonger and you use more descriptive words. Anyway I like both this part and the other part.
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I actually don't agree at all with the subject you've got here, because society already has the means to destroy each other and it hasn't happened because if one side (going with the 1v1 for time's sake) was destroyed, then the other would be too. Now, THAT'S ironic: that we won't kill because of self preservation.

I would also have liked this to be longer because I'm sure there's more to your opinion than what it written here.

-From the Review Marathon (check out the link in my profile)