Reviews for 100 Love Letters
AdooreKhwab chapter 5 . 8/11/2013
This was a good chapter. I could almost feel her pain at the last part.
AdooreKhwab chapter 2 . 8/11/2013
Your first two chapters have been good so far and I can totally relate to "I've spent so long expecting the love of my life to come along that I didn't know what I'd do when he didn't show up.". Congrats on getting nominated for SKoW Awards :)
Martha chapter 36 . 8/10/2013
This is a brilliant story! You should look at getting stuff published 'cause I'd buy that as a book. Keep on writing!
ktmc.beta chapter 36 . 8/1/2013
I've been crying for like eight chapters now. You're such a cruel author. I think I got way attached to this story than I usually do, just because I freaking relate with Amy so much. My heart has broken for this woman. (Of course, that may just be the early morning talking, I'm not sure. Either way, what a great story. I lolololoved it! And now I'm sick to my stomach because of how sad I got when I was reading some of this. Keep up the good work. :D
if.eyes.could.speak chapter 36 . 7/30/2013
Now normally, I don't post reviews. Not because the story is bad but because there was nothing in the story that called to me, that resonated deep within my very soul. But somehow with this story you touched a part of me that I did not know even existed. Normally anything about a normal girl and a rockstar would remotely interest me but this story just grilled me with is sharp talons and refused to let go. It made me laugh and cry, but it also gave me hope. Hope that no matter what; no matter the circumstances life always has the potential to become better, we just have to seize the opportunity!
LillyRose1946 chapter 36 . 7/29/2013
Oh...No epilogue but this was amazing!
LillyRose1946 chapter 29 . 7/29/2013
Nooo! Amy and Nikita need to end up together!
Awaiting Midnight chapter 36 . 7/8/2013
I'm sad it's over! :( But I love the ending!
EmceeDecreeLink chapter 36 . 7/6/2013
I will be completely honest. I don't usually review or favorite or even follow stories that much, even the ones I absolutely cannot stop reading into the night until 2AM in the morning when I have to wake up at 7AM for an early class. Yes, readers and writers on FP, I am THAT kind of an FPer, and I am the worst of my kind.

However, with this story, I couldn't help but give insurmountable praise to the quality and spirit of the work. Although I had doubts about the story due to the tiny, seemingly cliche summary blurb for the it, I decided, "What the heck? What else are you going to do on a lazy Saturday morning?" and proceeded to read the story. And I will admit, I do not regret my choice one bit.

For the ones who are expecting a standard happily-ever-after fantasy fulfillment, stop where you are in the story and leave. This story is not just about an ordinary girl who is going to give up and then re-ignite the small light that she holds to guide her through life's tribulations towards her ultimate destination known to us as "true love." It is not just a story where the super cool rockstar of every woman's wet dreams pops up magically from thin air to sweep her off her feet, with a little bit of devil-may-care charm, a crooning singing voice, and dangerous good looks aiding his way. It is not even a story that features the stereotypical ups and downs of a never-ending emotional rollercoaster that we expect to see in the usual romance novel.

This was a love story, but not in the way most people believe a love story to be. Although we predominantly saw the story through the eyes of the sardonic yet hopeful Amy from the very beginning, this story really is a therapeutic meditation of the separate pain and loneliness that two individuals can face from their past, the people around them, and themselves. How they have coped and dealt with their hopes, disappointments, and miseries is a matter to themselves, because before they met each other, it was all they ever had for themselves anyways.

How could they have known that with a bundle of discarded letters and a few chance encounters that a great love could transpire from pure, obscure spontaneity? And honestly, should this story have followed the formula that most romance stories were apt to follow, I would've written off the literary device as ridiculous. But the spectacular thing about this story was the fact that the author rode on this spontaneity. The ebbs and flows of the two lead characters' interactions became just that, a never-ending flow to god knows where, but wherever it was, it was where they wanted to be and it was where we as readers wanted them to be. Even when their short-lived romantic relationship had reached its inevitable end, the paths that led them to their meeting still ran parallel to each other, not quite merged together but still very much by each other's side.

I believe readers, including myself, can sympathize with the feeling of longing and heart-wrenching pain that one feels when looking back on a relationship where the warm memories of a loved one have been reduced to nothing more than a short-lived splotch on a time spectrum that leads to the current state of our lives, one that we pitifully turn over in our hands, analyzing and re-analyzing the causes to the end. Reduced to the point where we can no longer even recognize the state of the bond of two people once enough time and events have passed to supposedly render the former relationship between the two as moot. But please do not underestimate the power of the past, because the past is the step that leads to the future, because the way that Amy and Nikita have developed represents that future where they can find their true happiness.

The happy ending, the end result, is what everyone always itches to reach at the end of a story. All the tension and chaos that the author has put the reader through only to restore the structure of the universe and the cosmos to its rightful place with the happily ever after of the two tiny lovebirds is anticipated for, if not expected. So when the author does not fulfill this expectation, the readers are thrown for a loop, even more so if the status of the two leads' relationship remains ambiguous.

I can say, after getting to know Amy, and after getting to know Nikita, and all their friends, family, and co-workers that offer such a fleshing of who they were and what they've become, I can be fairly happy with whatever the end result may be. They could be happily married in six months' time, celebrating their wedding in Darryl's bar. They could finally meet at the bar in six months' time, ready for the ending of the past and the beginning of something new. Amy can arrive at the bar in six months' time, nursing a rum and Coke while looking at an empty stage. Nikita can be playing in the bar in six months' time, crooning a soft, acoustic version of "Swerve" while looking into the faceless audience, a certain spiky-haired rebel girl missing from the crowd. Or maybe in six months' time, Darryl will be at the counter, wiping the shot glasses clean with a dish towel, reminiscing the days when his best entertainment was not an old jukebox and his best conversing partner was not the regular who got piss drunk every weekend.

To force the two into whatever relationship that the author so desires is to infantilize the wholeness and integrity of the two characters. Because they are not two random devices conceived to fulfill a fantasy, whether it is the author's, the readers', or even their own. They have their values, their goals, and most importantly, their feelings and choices. Whatever the outcome may be in that alternate plane of reality known to us as "fiction", we can watch in relief as the two continue on their journey to find the people and things that fulfill their dreams and aspirations. Whether each other is the final destination is anyone's guess.

But one thing is certain. Their romance, as sweet and as short as a clear summer's day, gave birth to an undying love that, no matter what form it took, from teasing flirtation to heart-wrenching isolation, shaped and changed the way they have perceived themselves and to the people around them. Even if they end up with different people, their connection is undeniable. Because can any one person really honestly believe that the impact of another person cannot hold its own unique position in another's heart even as life continues on without them?

Anyways, fantastic job! I was crying when I finished this story! Have this made into a movie! I'll be the first one to watch it if it ever makes it to the big screen. :)
Awaiting Midnight chapter 27 . 7/5/2013
I love Ives!
Angela chapter 16 . 7/5/2013
Nikita is hilarious!
Angela chapter 11 . 7/5/2013
I really didn't expect that! I love their letters they are hilarious!
Awaiting Midnight chapter 7 . 6/30/2013
Awaiting Midnight chapter 6 . 6/30/2013
This chapter was my favorite so far!
Awaiting Midnight chapter 4 . 6/30/2013
OMG! I really screamed this right at the last sentence.
1,540 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »