Reviews for Extinct
Sarah1983 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Oh, I like it. Sorta "Plant of the Apes." Very cool, very creative!
Nick Griffalco chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Short yet effective, I like it! Admitedly I kind of saw the ending comeing but only beacuse it reminded me of Youth by Issac Asamov and Welcome to Camp Nightmare by R.L. Stine. My only complaint is that I would have like to have know what the aliens looked like and where exactly they came from, but other than that it was pretty much perfect :)
Nighthawk21 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
I loved your view of humans. Update soon, I must know what Abraham and Isaiah are, if they're not humans.
Named Poetic chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Nicely written! I have to confess, I guessed the twist at the end from the beginning, but the story still held my interest. I think you're missing a few commas, such as "Abraham gasped(,) looking..." and "to a zoo(,) maybe, and "This may be true" would probably work better as "That may be true," but the story is otherwise well written, and I like the flow of it as the situation of humanity is revealed. My favorite line would have to be "They were dirtier, and wilder than in the history and biology books," it really captures our downfall.

The social criticism you make is interesting, too. Does the good we do cancel out our destructive nature? From a more selfish point of view, we have to consider bettering our own situation, but the harm we do can be immense, and so many times growth has only lead to further decay. Fascinating.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Ha :) I really liked that short story! Very well done!