Reviews for Of Prejudice & Shakespeare Type Gardens
JOB chapter 8 . 3/5/2012
To my dearest NJAG,

I noted fewer comma problems... Hallelujah! It's as if the gods have sent a glorious grammer messenger.

...First. If you care to notice, the Z and X keys are right next to each other. Second, my Toshiba sucks, and due to finacial laziness I was lacking virus protection for a while and it now has a virus which hinders any and all use of the damn thing, so I use my iPhone. Third, I have big thumbs. So shut up.

Gasp - I am not annoying! Granted, I get that from most people, but still.

Okay, busted. The story is that I was visiting a friend's friend up in you-know-where, when I ran into you-know-who at the you-know-which coffee house. I was on the Mac computer that they have available, and when I got up for TWO DAMN SECONDS she stole my seat and ditched my URL. I said, "Oh, nice. Thanks." And then she apologized (insincerely) and promptly ignored me. She was on FP, your story, and being that I am a FP fan I inquired as to what she was reading. She replied, "Something my friend wrote." and I starting poking her with a few more questions and took down your username and the rest is history.

Of course we thought you wouldn't find out, we decided not to tell you. But SOMEBODY can't keep a secret for more than an hour... and I'll have you know that I am no figment! Hmf.

Yes, we know we frustrate you. That is exactly why we do it. If you weren't so easily flustered, or at least acted like you weren't, there would be no fun involved in the ridiculous scheme.

Going back to the story - I like the way you wrote this, but the thing I don't like about it is that Peirce sounded so... mushy and uncohesive. He sounded like a teenage boy was talking first, then he somehow turned into Shakespeare in this chapter. I guess your female readers (Em more than likely outside of that clique) like mushy, though. Is that a stereotype? Sorry about that, ladies.

The other thing I don't like is that this is starting to sound like a kid's version of "50 First Dates". Not that I saw that movie.

Other than that, I liked this one.

TasteTheFreakingRainbow chapter 8 . 2/27/2012
nice chap.
JOB chapter 7 . 1/26/2012
Ahem.

It is not polite to be tardy. If you haven't finished it yet, you are still at the point where you don't know when it will BE finished. If you can't know when it will be finished, how can you know when it will be posted?

Try not to say "it'll be done around this time" because you just never know. You could finish writing it and have a major computer malfunction. Not really writing advice, but good advice nonetheless because it makes people angry.

An author I know of said he'd do a novel. ONE novel. A novel he was to finish in a year and probably never get much of anything for. He ended up turning it into a long series, winning several awards and finishing it up after about fifteen years.

Just thought I'd say. :)

JOB chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
All I can say is: Thank goodness. LOL

P.S. - Can you ask Em what's going on with her story? She seems to have a rather troubling case of writer's block.

JOB chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Elmo?

Do I sound like an Elmo you?

I am thoroughly enjoying this. :D (high-five Em)

JOB chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Damn you iPod! My typing errors shall be my demise!

..oh, don't worry, I know I'm awesome.

;D
JOB chapter 7 . 10/27/2011
Commas, my dear. Commas.

Yep, it's me! A little bird told me you posted a new chapter. Most excellent. I started off thinking that this was going to be sort of a filler, but I was wrong. You actually pushed this story into more of a plot. Well done - I commend you.

Haha, I'm glad you saw the horror of your first couple of chapters. It often happens with writers, and it's a good thing! It's good because if you can see the bad, it makes it easier to write the good.

Oh puh-leez, I got a hold of the Mylo Zyloto album weeks ago! ...just don't ask me how.

No, seriously.

Anywho, back to the topic of commas. You were doing really well up until the ending of the middle/beginning of the end. You started rambling and lengthening sentences, and it was statement-comma-statement-comma for a while there. Other than that, you've progressed nicely.

Ahem. Tell Em that although I am exceedngly pleased that she has done such a fabulous job keeping me in cognito, that a handshake and exchange of mocha frappachinos is binding.

End of story.

Your reviewer whose reviews you very much enjoy reading,

Vanessa For chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
Hey! Well I like a lot your story and you make my day with your notes hahah I hope the next chapter soon please!...
JOB chapter 7 . 9/15/2011
I like what you did with Pierce. Subtle, but he sounds like more of a badass. Much, much better! Good NJAG! (pats you on the head)

(I was on the opposite side of the stage, then. Haha, agreed. Creepy indeed.)

ck3712 chapter 7 . 8/22/2011
ok! i will b waiting paitiently! keep writing!
JOB chapter 7 . 8/20/2011
Ah... well. That was a shitty review. I forgot my signature. How unprofessional!

Oh, you don't like my reviews. You LOVE them. Admit it.

JOB chapter 7 . 8/20/2011
Ah yes, the cursed notepad! I agree, it kinda sucks. That's why I use that office thingy-ma-jigger-bob, too. What? I'm not a computer person... don't make fun.

Quealms? You mean... qualms? Okay, I didn't believe the spelling thing the first time you told me. I believe you now. (nods solemnly)

Okay, glad you made that statement. At first I thought you were implying that non-gay guys didn't like romance. I don't usually, if they're real... romancey.

Bejeezus, the car-crash thing KILLED me. It's so true. Why not a water skiing accident? Suicide? At least make it a really cool car. But no...

Um... being a non-gay guy, I suppose that you being a girl could present difficulties for that whole Pierce thing. And yes. He sounds slightly gay. But actually, it would be good not to change it. He's not gay, he can sound like it, but it doesn't mean he is. He doesn't sound like a complete... well, I don't like to use that word unless I'm ready to hurt someone. But he doesn't sound THAT gay. So if I were you, I'd sort of take that and poke fun at it somehow.

"Hey Chris... is your boyfriend gay?"

"He's not my boyfriend, and NO!"

Make it part of the story, but don't lean on it. Don't over-due or try to make him sound MORE gay. God, we need another word for gay that doesn't sound so damn bad. Gay doesn't do it for me.

Oh.

My.

God.

You were at that concert? So was I! ...scary. You wouldn't happen to be that girl with black hair and neon green streaks who was apparently obsessed with Will, would you? I kind of hope not.

Did you see that chick?

Did ANYONE see that chick? My friends say they didn't see anyone like that. I'm starting to think she was a figment of my imagination... Holy crap, I'm fantasizing about EMOS! God save me!
ck3712 chapter 6 . 8/18/2011
oh, well, have fun! ugh, i hate school, dont u? it gets in the way of having childlike fun! grr. now im mad. no, wait, im hungry. how did i get anger confused with hunger? whatever. keep writing!
rachel chapter 6 . 8/14/2011
DUDE! you forgot to mention your OTHER stalker/ bff! MEEEEE!

(ITS RACH) so now im sad :((( haha good chappy mars, cya tmorrow!
CrazyGlitz chapter 6 . 8/14/2011
*GASP* I got a shout-out!

...and I'm still stalking you...