Reviews for Spellbound
Preposterous chapter 3 . 3/10/2012
SO EXCITING! CONTINUE THIS PLEASE.
StrongMachine chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Oh my! She's a witch! I hadn't had the slightest clue when I started to read this story.

I like it that your witch is afraid of the devil - normally, they worship him, yes? I like her voice. She seems like a tough badass and a strong heroine. I'm not sure where to put this story (high or urban Fantasy) but I really like it and would be happy to see more of this.
luvvs2dream chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
That was a brilliant intro chapter. Cool characters and story concept. I have a weakness for stories involving magic. Read the chapter two preview and so I really, really can't wait for you to start the full story.
SourTofu chapter 2 . 5/30/2011
not gonna lie...I can't wait for this :)
Vampireacademyrox chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
love it plz ud soon XD
Nikou chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
This story was intriguing. The title is what caught me, and I'm glad I read it.

The scene in the pub could be spiced up a little. It is OK, and relevant enough information, but it was a little slow. If I hadn't read the description you gave on the story list page, I might have stopped reading. No particular advice on what to do, and maybe I'm just in a hard to please mood right now, but thought I'd share that.

The rest of the story (the graveyard battle, etc.) was quite gripping. I've favorited this story, and hope to read the rest of it soon! Although I've already read that you are working on the rest, I feel it kind of necessary to urge you, DON'T STOP AT A SHORT STORY WITH THIS ONE! There are so many openings left, and you obviously have a talent for this.

Write the novel, and then get it published. It would do well, I think. Good luck!
Silent Winter chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Oh, you. You just have this awesome talent to take the story worlds we knew as children and bring them to a whole new platform. This departs from published stories such as Eragon and the like because while those stories still strive for a fantasy atmosphere (as you do too) you manage to keep it whimsical and childlike, which is EXTRAORDINARILY DIFFICULT (for the average person, you must be made of win) so I commend you on your ability to do so. The way you write is absolutely lovely!

I really like how, right off the bat, you lead us into action rather than explaining things to the reader, which really wouldn't fit at all because this is first person. lol. I don't know if it seems natural to you, but many stories, especially on here, begin with how different one world is from the other. I like A LOT how you skip this and just submerge the reader in the story. It lets us walk with the characters on a much more tangible level. :)

And fairies! I adore your fairy characters! Nonetheless, this is quite a different story than Flow! Ella's character is very cute.

Yes, I use lots of exclamation points when I talk to you because I freakin' feel like I have to EXCLAIM how happy your stories make me. :)

The atmosphere of the Drunken Troll was very nice too. You do a great job of building up fantasy worlds without overloading us with detail, but still giving us enough meaty tidbits to satiate our appetite.

"Ella exclaimed excitedly, floating over to hug the filled flash which was almost her size." - Oops! I think I spy a typo! I believe it should be "flask" instead of "flash" ;3

"My right hand grazed somebody's arm and a jolt of repulsion pulsed through me." - This is an opinion. I swear. I know it CAN be a literary element, however, I don't like the placement of "repulsion" right next to "pulsed." I think they sound too similar.

Another thing I really enjoy about this story is your character descriptions. Subtle, yet telling. I imagine Amberdine as someone absolutely beautiful! I love the thought of her wavy hair, and my favorite mental picture (lol) was when she was running through the graveyard with the wind-swept flower petals. Absolutely lovely!

Although speaking of the encounters in the graveyard, I would have preferred it if you had shown us why Hunter was after Amberdine rather than having her tell us. It would have been as simple as him calling out that he had killed her aunt and was now after her.

Nonetheless, it is a good plot element and I am really wondering about the REAL 13th witch and what Amberdine's aunt had to do with all of this? What Amberdine herself has to do with the Witch Tracker's quest? Hm...Curious, curious!

I also really liked how the potion mixed in the bottle. The description of that was very vivid and real to me. I could feel it swirling and heating up in my own hands! On top of that, the bit about the tattoos and what Amberdine was doing to negate them was very interesting. I wonder why they hurt her? Hm...

And the ending! In all honesty I very much expected Hunter to become a puppy, lol! A spider is good too, better than a puppy! At least for a witch. :)

Very cute story, keep up the fantastic writing!

-Kay
HiHelloMisterBear chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
That is funny.

His name is Hunter and he is a witch tracker...

Ha.

Sorry.

Like it though!
Anon chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Interesting. I think he'd make a good chapter story.
A.Woody chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
This was really good, and very interesting! I want to know more about the characters and who Witchsight is!
jimjo chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
very nice. hope it turns into a full blown story or something. :D
renegade01 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
i'm actually surpised this is a oneshot, it feels like it should be so much longer with an epic story behind it. ;) i guess you could leave it there, but there's definitely potential for more.

the opening line is good. it captures your attention straightaway. hunter is such a sexy name and you didn't even get to use it...shame. ;)
Schradez chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Um. I sure hope this will not be a one-shot. Intense, and awesome. :)
HowlingWolf chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
This story definitely has the potential to be continued into a full story, i can tell you that.
Mushypork chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
wow really that's it D:? I'd love for it to continue. I love the world you have created it's bursting with imagination :D