Reviews for I Won't be Home Ever Again, Even for Xmas
PsychoTea chapter 4 . 11/25/2013
Ten minutes before I found this story I was crying because I had read one of the most depressing stories ever. Now I'm crying again because this story is just so happy and sweet and ;;.
Kyo chapter 2 . 1/5/2012
Just a random question. I wanted to ask you this in the other story as well but its become even more prominent here. Why do ALL your characters seem to wear black? (Grey is close enough to black so Im not really bothering to differentiate it.) Its become more prominent here because I dont think Ive ever seen a four year old on only black. I can understand that you like the color and it looks nice but what are the chances that everyone likes it too? In the other story Jonah dated THREE different guys that pretty much get described wearing black?

Other than that... your story is very cute :)
prostock69 chapter 4 . 10/9/2011
Awww, What a wonderful ending! So glad Peter and Tristan are back together. I kinda wanted to read the kid's reaction to getting that Captain present that was sold out. :)
prostock69 chapter 3 . 10/9/2011
Shit you made me cry! Poor Peter. His explanation still didn't justify his actions. Honesty is always the best policy. If he truly loved Tristan, he should have told him about his father's and his boss's expectations. Instead of throwing Tristan under the bus like he did. I'm anxious to see if Tristan finds it in his heart to mend things with Peter. I hate unhappy endings. Off to chapter 4
prostock69 chapter 2 . 10/9/2011
Ut oh, I have a feeling that this little boy is Peter's! And Peter's Christmas wish is that he had Tristan back. And if this is so, Peter named his son after his lost love? A love he confessed to his co-worker as a kid he liked doing his housework and f'ing? Bastard...If this is true...he deserves his misery. Off to chapter 3!
prostock69 chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Peter is an asshole. I can't believe he treated Tristan that way. However, unlike Tristan, I would have confronted him on the subway right then and there. I would have totally let him have it in front of his colleague. Alas...off to the 2nd chapter.
S.H. Marr chapter 4 . 10/1/2011
I would say that a lot of the dialogue seems kind of off, but I'll attribute that to the whole "native language" thing.

It was a really cute plotline.

Also, I feel it has a bit of "love conquers all message", which is sweet...but Tristan's work is hours from Peter's home and...I dunno, they defientely still have things to discuss after this lovely holiday is over.

S
whitefear chapter 4 . 4/25/2011
Lovely. Soppy but lovely. :3 christmas lube, LOL.
lost in pale blue chapter 4 . 12/29/2010
Aww. This was just the right mix of angsty and sweet. It sucks that they were apart for so long, but at least they're back together for good. And now they have TT, who is completely adorable :D
basilisk6 chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Thank you for replying and explaining/clarifying things to me. :) I tend to nitpick and over analyze things, so when it showed Peter and Adrian holding hands, it screamed "They're a couple!" to me (and I think Tristan thought the same thing too). I never thought that two guys holding hands could mean anything other than "they're together", so thanks for enlightening me. ;) Also, I sometimes interpret a sentence differently than others would, so that's why I misinterpreted the meaning of Adrian's comments. -_- I feel a lot better about the conclusion of this story now. :) Although I still can't tell exactly which action(s) of Peter's shouted, "Tristan, you're the love of my life!", (I can be rather blind and dense at times :P) it's enough that you as the author confirmed that he felt that way. :) And yes, Julie is one of the most irresponsible babysitters ever. :(

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year. :D
basilisk6 chapter 4 . 12/27/2010
I don't think the part with Adrian was necessary for the conclusion of this story. You're right that since this is a X-mas story, a happy ending is expected, and I finally accepted that fact, but then Adrian was introduced, obviously as Peter's new lover, and I found myself doubting Peter's sincerity, again. Running to an ex-lover and going on a date with him are hardly the actions of a man that's devastated over failing to reconcile with the one he loves. I'm not saying that he should have been suicidal or be so miserable that he stays single for life (Tristan did tell him to move on), but Peter went on a date with Adrian only a day (or two) after his meeting with Tristan. He doesn't seem very torn up over what happened if he could start dating so soon. If he was truly heartbroken, he would have stayed single for a little while longer (at least more than a couple of days, sheesh). The only thing I can think of to explain Peter's rather rapid recovery from "heartbreak" and easily jumping back into the dating scene is that he was already dating Adrian, long before Tristan came back. The comment Adrian made: "it felt like I borrowed you", definitely reinforced that idea; it sounds like he has felt that way for a while, which makes it seem like they've been dating for some time now. But if that's true, then Peter is a total self-serving bastard for putting a hold on their relationship the moment he saw that Tristan was back in town, and only resuming it if he couldn't work it out with Tristan. In that case, Adrian is an idiot and has zero pride, self-respect, or dignity if he can continue dating someone so selfish, and both he and Tristan are better off without that uber douche. Anyways, I'm totally speculating here. My point is that I would have enjoyed the ending much much more if you didn't include Adrian in this chapter because it just made Peter's feelings seem insincere and really made me question the depth of his love for Tristan. Instead of leaving a sweet taste in my mouth at the end of this and feeling hopeful, I was left with a bad after taste and worries for their future.

Oh, and I also noticed that although he said 'I love you', Peter never said that Tristan was the love of his life (unlike Tristan said of Peter), and maybe he isn't, which would also explain him dating Adrian so soon. Poor Tristan. He seems to be the one that has the most invested in this relationship. T-T And I get the feeling that if Tristan hadn't shown up, Peter would have taken Adrian to bed. It's sad to see that in Peter's life, Tristan is easy to replace, or at least easy to substitute. :(

And yes, I do realize that I'm a total b*tch for complaining so much (especially for a X-mas story XD). I apologize, but I can't help it; that's just the way I am. :P
Reiki Convulsion chapter 4 . 12/21/2010
Such a beautiful, warm story! Thanks for sharing this with us all!

And that was one hell of an explanation on why he told his colleage that! Wow, hehe, brilliantly thought out
yaoi8808 chapter 4 . 12/21/2010
I LOVED THIS! It was the perfect mix of angst and cuteness! It was so good that I couldn't stop reading, even though I should be sleeping right now XD Can't wait to see more of your work soon!
Kikichaka chapter 4 . 12/20/2010
wow! you finished it in time for Xmas.

Merry Christmas !
kikichaka chapter 3 . 12/17/2010
I wont mind if Tristan takes back Peter. There are times when you just cannot move on ... You split, grow up and get back to the same relationship again.