Reviews for Cooler by the Water
Mai-lee T chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
Ah! I actually just watched Food Inc. recently, and I happen to be increasingly interested in how the farming aspect of this story is going to play out... You are not alone! :]
Midnight113 chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
Alright, they've come to a mutual agreement! Let the fun begin. Already I can predict the great sexual tension/frustration between them that's going to blow up. Especially if she's around him all the time watching him work, now that's a sight to behold. You know, I'm actually enjoying the plot with her writing about the farm. It's not something I would personally be interested in, at least not that particular aspect of it but I'm finding it to be informative... and heck I feel like I'm learning something I otherwise wouldn't so more of that please! Oh and I was thinking that Donovan's life sounds worthy of its own story. You should do that. ;) Thanks for updating, I'm looking forward to more hotness between these two.
Michi chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
Actually, I am interested in subsidized farming. I even became a vegetarian after learning all the negative effects of mass producing corn for animal feed. Keep up the great work!
andee lee chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
Dude. I say it every time and I can't help it because at the end of every chapter I don't want to do anything but gush about how much I freakin' LOVED it. You're the shit, my friend!

I loved so much about this that I don't even know if I remember it all but let me see here:

1. I loved the snow globe thing at the beginning. Clever.

2. Evie and Jack are the cutest ever.

3. Elliot. I don't even need to say anything else, do I? FUCK.

4. Alex and Mara are fun.

5. HOT BROTHER. SEQUEL. DO IT.

6. ELLIOT. FOR REAL. Tight farmer ass in tight jeans. Yes.

7. I love Jack. I said that already but I do. He's adorable.

8. I also love Mara! She's believable and likeable and I want to kind of be her.

9. ELL-I-OT.

10. The descriptions! Like I said, I'm glad you went for it because I love them. Somehow you manage to make them NOT boring. *jealous*

11. Everything the end.

I still want to know what Elliot's story is (obviously) and I'd also still like to get him naked up against a baler, whatever the hell that may be. AND I'd like to see Mara get him to really smile instead of stand there and try not to. *Sigh* what a badass.

I CAN'T WAIT for the next chapter. This is my favorite ever and we're only 2 chapters in. Yes ma'am. Post. That. Shit. Now.
Chryse chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
Very intriguing ... I was going to go with HE was the criminal rather than he was in the witness protection, and of course there are other reasons that I'm probably not thinking of ... I like this a lot so far. And personally, I know little about the subsidized farms' controversy, but I LOVE when I get to learn about something by reading about it in a story ... much more interesting than a textbook! ;)
Danica West chapter 2 . 12/30/2010
Arh Poppy! A new story! I feel like I just received an extra christmas present. I don't know how I did not see this until now! My computer deceived me - I thought I had you on author alert but oh well, problem fixed now.

Anyways, I'm surprised to see you already started this story, but trust me, I'm so glad you did. Then I didn't have to wait for months, what a pleasant surprise :) Also, this time, for the first time ever I'll be with you from the beginning to the end, which actually pains me too. I've been so spoiled with all of your other stories because I've read them when they were all completed. Now I have to wait in great anticipation for the next chapter ;)

I liked the prologue and I can't wait to see how it all comes together later in the story. And the first chapter is amazing. You have a fun and easy way of introducing your characters. You just make them so real and likable, and you make it seem so effortless too. Comparing this to one of your first stories, I must admit you're writing has improved. Not that you needed to, 'cause even then your writing was amazing! I just love your descriptions and your play of words.

I think you were right about me liking this new guy you've created. He's dark and mysterious and we all know how that's right up my alley ;) I loved the last scene where Mara meets that Mr. I didn't give it ;) and can I just say how envious I am of your talent of creating chemistry between these two characters without even having them exchanging a word (well hardly, anyway) It was such a simple, small 'scene' but I see sparks already! ..can't wait to find out more about his past.

I'm glad to hear it's boring at your work - that means you can sneak in some writing lol! Come to think about it.. you actually ARE a paid writer!

Oh, right.. before I forget.. you must be insanely good at describing characters 'cause as soon as I'd read the end of the first chapter I just had a crystal clear vision of how Mr. I didn't give it looks. I'm sure you have your own image of him in your head too, but I have to share mine. sending links on mail, since fp usually has some kind of block on that stuff :)

Aight, so happy new year! Be safe :)
Chryse chapter 2 . 12/28/2010
I'll do my best impression of Oliver Twist: "Please, ma'am, I want some more ..."

Anyway, this seems like an intriguing beginning. Please, feel free to continue. ;)
Chryse chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
*key scary intro music ... ;)
flunkybubbleshorts chapter 2 . 12/11/2010
Tantalizing. Really tantalizing.
A.R.R chapter 2 . 12/10/2010
Ah! I'm so excited you posted a new story right away!
Midnight113 chapter 2 . 12/10/2010
Wow, this is a very interesting start. I already love the implications and mystery going on and you didn't even start yet. I know I'm happy to see a new story so quickly even though you've been working on it for awhile, I'm easy to please like that. ;) Now I can't wait for her to begin her sleuth techniques on this farmer boy. Bring on the intrigue! Oh and congrats on finishing your program! Now go and publish some of your work. ;)
chng234 chapter 2 . 12/10/2010
interesting story.. update soon
ThePureAndSimpleTruth chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
AH! I was very depressed when you finished The Path of LR the other day. So I'm super psyched this was started immediately. :)
blurrylights chapter 2 . 12/9/2010
"The man nodded almost imperceptivity."

should be: the man nodded almost .
blurrylights chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
i think you mean a "coarse" blanket.

& this is kind of awesome so far. i can't wait to read more! ]
199 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »