Reviews for Cooler by the Water
taytay29 chapter 13 . 11/15/2011
Loved it! Can't wait for another update
xlost-writerx chapter 13 . 11/8/2011
ohh you need to continue im on the edge of my seat wondering what happens next! damn him for leaving her!
ramenrandomness chapter 13 . 11/3/2011
I wonder if the threat is still valid/ there after all this time, or the world has moved on but he doesn't know coz he's been running nd hiding all this time
foxyricanlady chapter 13 . 11/3/2011
I think this chapter was awesome im glad i got to know a little about Elliot's pass please update soon
Midnight113 chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
Oh my gosh, I think this just became my favorite chapter. Very eventful, I mean... wow! Okay, so apparently Mr. Mystery Elliot had revealed some of his dark past. So he was part of a mob huh? Nice... I hadn't thought of that one. Why is it that knowing that little detail now suddenly makes him ten times more alluring? Hmm... I like it. Now he might be too sexy. :x

Also, I loved that spicy little scene with them. *sigh* If only he hadn't felt a need to interrupt it. How can he say he loves her and then plan to just leave? I don't believe him. I'm against his rational thinking of 'leave and protect her'. I feel like she's safer if he's around. I'm curious of what he actually did to have to exile himself like this. I'm sure Mara will find out. It's just awful that he was put in a situation before with someone he loved where he had to choose and now here it's happening again. I wish he'd break the cycle and allow himself to live without the fear.

For now, I'm just excited we got a declaration of love out of him. About time there Elliot. I was afraid he'd run and not say anything at all. That's not very romantic. Ah, but I do love the drama. You know this, it's why I love your stories. You pull it off in a believable way. Now I'm patiently going to wait and see what happens next cuz I'm dying here. Oh yes, bring on the juicy bits. ;)

Thanks for the nice long chapter, great job writing it. I definitely enjoyed all the family element with the dinner. That was done very well as was the scene with Paige in the beginning. Mara handled that perfectly with that little help from Elliot. Can't wait for more!
D-Mish chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
They're got to be the sexiest couple... Don't take too long to update bitch 3
Shh chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
It is irritating that he keeps alluding to things...but OH THE TENSION IS BUILDING! I love it! Wonderful characters. He can't just leave!
flunkybubbleshorts chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
Oh wow! I am seriously bowled over!

I started reading this in the morning. I read a little bit and looked at the scroll bar. I realised I hadn't even read a tenth of the chapter. That itself made my day!

You got a LOT of stuff in - getting Paige, Thanksgiving, explanations, goodbyes.. It's a GREAT chapter and don't let your mind tell you otherwise :P

I can't think of another scenario which could have made this story better. I can't think of Elliot saying or doing anything other than what he did.

And Mara! She feels with all she has, doesn't she? She's so wholehearted in whatever she does that her reactions are only logical. What she said and did wasn't really "drama" it was just how Mara is! How can you want her to under-dramatise herself? How? How? I won't let you do this! Nooooo!

I loved the brother brigade :D They made me grin in the middle of a super intense chapter. Did you see how much Elliot connected with them in that 2 minute conversation? Brilliance!

Well, I gotta go. I can't wait to read more - juicy or otherwise ;)
Chryse chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
Wow. That's a hell of a chapter.

Elliot has much good advice for never having been a parent (at least, I assume?).

Revelations! I'm a little curious about how Mara was able to take New York and Detroit "zoo" and turn it into the mob. Her journalistic skill"z"?

You got in "Cooler by the Water" haha! I saw that line and was like, Dude, that sounds familiar ...

Hmm ... Can't wait to see what's happening next!
I like it like that chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
This chapter is amazing. I love your writings due to the fact that even though it has it's silver lining of fiction, it also has this extreme sense of romance that could or could not happen, just in a less dramatic scenario. Anyhoo, I can't wait to find out Elliot's deep, dark secret and read some more awesome chapters.
Madame Jenn chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
You are a master. I bow down to your greatness.

A lot of the times I skim a lot of description in stories, but I make sure to read every word you write because everything ACTUALLY adds to the story, you know? I love the little details, like the occasional car driving by so Mara gets a glimpse of Elliot's profile.

And Elliot needs to grow a pair and figure his shit out instead of running away from it. I freaking love him. And all your characters. Donovan, he's great (Although I feel like he would have been inclined to be a bit more aggressive towards Elliot than he was). And Zach. Just EVERYTHING.
Preposterous chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
Wow. That was quite dramatic.

I love Elliot more and more with each chapter
Devilish Kisses chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
Well, I liked it :) and it was definitely worth the wait! But, now, alas...I will beg you to produce another chapter soon! Thanks a bunch!
andee lee chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
Oh my GOD. My heart just broke into a million tiny little pieces so thanks for that. Those last few lines did me in, dude. Talk about an emotional freakin' rollercoaster! I think I seriously felt every emotion on Earth from reading just that last scene, let alone the entire chapter. I was laughing and then I was sad and then I was pissed the fuck off at Elliot and then I was happy and then sad again... I don't even have words to explain to you what I'm feeling right now, OKAY? So I will just ramble on incoherently in this review until I feel like I have gotten close.

Elliot...OH ELLIOT, where do I begin? You Indigo Girl listening, sexy beast of a farmer man, Mara-loving, animal husbandry majoring, goat-hugging FOOL. I want to slap you and have your babies all at the same time!

His confession, when he finally told Mara he loved her...put that shit on a t-shirt and I will buy it because oh my God. And when he said "Because I'm selfish" - OH MY GOD. He hates himself so much because he has to leave but he feels like he has no choice. SERIOUSLY? I could not love this fictional character any more than I do right now because that is both the most romantic and heartbreaking thing ever. I find the way he fights himself so sexy and endearing...and so frustrating. You've done such a good job with him, really. He's complex but still a typical man (aka dumb), he's romantic but at the same time he's gruff and rough and all of those good things...he's the perfect example of why women read romance novels in the first place.

I was happy to see him be honest with Mara - that skirting around shit was getting OLD, Elliot - even if it was just a little bit of his past that came to light. I'm curious as to how Mara's going to find out the rest of the truth...I hope it involves LOTS of dramz - but holy shit if they don't have farmer sex soon I think I'm going to explode. That scene in the shack with the clothes and the hands and the kissing and the erections...LMAO. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I don't know how you could have told this story WITHOUT being a bit dramatic - hello, organized crime, mysterious pasts, ELLIOT - so give yourself a break. We all love it and it's what makes this such a good read. I seriously doubt anyone would ever be able to tell someone else that they were once a part of THE MOB and have been running from their past without being dramatic. And if they could, no one would write a story about it.

ANYWAY what I'm trying to say is you surprise me every chapter by getting me even more emotionally involved in a bunch of fictional characters' lives. Say what you will but this is your best PIECE yet. ;)
N.M.E chapter 13 . 11/2/2011
What drama! Somewhat worth the wait though! I enjoyed this chapter for two things. The fact that Elliot talked about his past and that they finally accepted they love each other! I was going 'finally!' I liked the length of the chapter as well. What I can't wait for is the next chapter! So please update faster! :-D
199 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »