Reviews for Cooler by the Water
foxyricanlady chapter 12 . 10/15/2011
i just started reading this story today and i love it hope you update soon
Madame Jenn chapter 12 . 9/26/2011
I'm sorry that I have nothing really productive to say, but...

THIS STORY IS SO GOOD IT MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT. IN A GOOD WAY.
marebear11 chapter 12 . 9/21/2011
UPdate soon!
Midnight113 chapter 12 . 9/18/2011
Oh my goodness, yay! I just love these eventful chapters where something epic takes place. I'm doing my happy dance right now because I've been waiting for that kiss since she first showed up on the farm, lol. You did not disappoint because you got right in his crazy head and wrote this chapter perfectly from his perspective. I feel like so much was really revealed and for once Elliot allowed himself to be completely vulnerable to her which is climatic in its own right. First with the simple gesture of sharing his b-day with her which I personally loved. It felt so intimate and close with that family element having them all share pizza and freezer-dry ice cream, lol.

I'm so mad Paige couldn't wait just a couple more minutes to make that call, who knows what could have happened between them! Just when they were getting somewhere too. *pout* Well, I'm hopeful after they go save her butt that they'll just pick right back up where they left off. He better not just run away or disappear on her now that he's shared so much about how he feels. I'll hunt him down myself if I must. ;)

I also loved the moss thingy, you should totally have gone with that title but I've become attached to the current one so it's all good. Overall, one of your best chapters ever and my favorite, so far of course. ;) Update fast because I can't wait to see what happens next with him joining her for the car ride.
ShrimpoJewels chapter 12 . 9/18/2011
I smell trouble coming up...

Great chapters, update soon :)
Pione chapter 12 . 9/18/2011
Okay, I read some of your earlier stories, and I really have to say, you have improved a lot! And your earlier works aren't even bad to begin with. But you're really getting better. I adore your style. It's simple, but it packs a lot of punch. :)
mmjasamjaudia4eva chapter 11 . 9/17/2011
N.M.E chapter 12 . 9/17/2011
An update like promised! I like you :P I just found the way he said that it was his birthday weird. Just a bit misplaced. But, being a fan of all things cheesy and romantic, I simply loved the rest of the chapter! The whole 'rolling stone gathers no moss' thing was a good concept. I really can't wait for you to get on more with this story! Update soon! :D
Devilish Kisses chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
They were almost going to have sex :O :O :O stupid Paige! Ruining their fun...THANK GOD I have never been a reckless teenager like that! Some kids, you know?
D-Mish chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
you are amazing! this chapter is amazing... they're chemistry... oh god my jealousy is beyond the sky. you wrote this so well, as always! please please please update soon i love this story so much!
Chryse chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
I do like the separateness of their revelations ... and I do hope someone thought to leave a note for Jack to tell him where they're running off to!

I've kind of wondered what the title meant, but I like it better than any rolling stone/moss title. It's kind of ponderous.

I look forward to seeing Mara kick her niece's butt in the near future. Update soon!
andee lee chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
HAHA, Bob Dylan couldn't write fictlin this good if he tried. ;)

I wish I had an unlimited number of repeating letters to use because I just want to type AHH for ten years and then maybe you will understand how happy I am that that conversation and that kiss just happened. And how much I want to murder that little teenage whore Paige. LOL.

Oh man, where to begin? I don't even know, I loved this entire chapter. I didn't think the birthday thing was stiff...it worked. I like the way it just sort of slipped out, too...I like to see how Mara gets to Elliot even though he tries to pretend she doesn't. It's sort of adorable and fucking frustrating as hell. LOL.

I couldn't stop laughing about the missing chicken, btw. I don't know why but it was hilarious. Also, Jack is the shiz.

The scene where they were doing the dishes together...dude. Loved it. I love that sexual tension-y, we're touching but we're not saying anything about it thing, it gets me all hot and bothered.

And then. AND THEN. Evie's room. Dude, my heart broke for Elliot when he finally let his emotion out...man, that killed me. You get used to his manly man act and it's nice to see it come down like it did in this chapter. It was the perfect time for the conversation they had... who knew moss could be so damn romantic? LOL. And THIS: "I don't think you have any idea how confused I've been since then," Elliot said. "You make me want to run as far away as possible…" he swallowed thickly. "And you make me want to stay so badly I can taste it." THAT KILLED ME TOO. SO PERFECT. God I love romance. Give me MORE! I didn't even think it was cheesy. Angsty declarations are my fucking favorite. And so is Elliot. Make him real and let me marry him.

MORE DAMMIT. MORE DRAMA PLEASE OKAY THANK YOU ALSO SOME SEX WOULD BE NICE JUST SAYIN.
flunkybubbleshorts chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
Two chapters in row! Whee! That was awesome.

When you said the birthday scenes seemed stiff, I had a "hell no" in my mind. Then I thought about it. Maybe it was a little stiff but in a way, Elliot's birthday would _have_ to be, don't you think? I hadn't thought the stiffness as out of place till you mentioned it.

The niece in Detroit is a great plot line, I must say. I would love to write, you know. Unlike some of you on FP, though, I'm not creative. I don't come up with suit measures, tractors and drinking in Detroit when I think of a romance story. I just don't. That's why your writing is so attention-grabbing. You keep us bored souls really entertained :D

Also, the existing titles sounds more "you" in a way that Like a Rolling Stone could never have. I'm glad it's called Cooler by the Water :)
Dead KilleR chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
I think this is the first time I'm reviewing this story. I can't believe I haven't reviewed such an awesome story. :D I love the chemistry between the two. & I can't wait to read about Elliot's history. Suspense. How I hate it P
Midnight113 chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
Oooh! He thinks she's beautiful, well duh! Finally he's made some sort of verbal comment about his attraction. What took so long Mystery Elliot, huh? Oh and she's in love with him too, yay! *happy dance* It's so nice to see something blossoming between them even during such a sad, reflective time. It really brought them together and you can tell he's thankful for it. Now if he would just make a move. ;) I'm curious if he was an officer or someone in the force, maybe military, in the past based on how he handled that guy. Hmm... Can't wait for this Elliot chapter!
199 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »