Reviews for Cooler by the Water
Devilish Kisses chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
Ye old youn'uns are up to no good, I tell ye!
Chryse chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
Still reading!

I just have to say that I am a reader who is more like "WHOO HOO, this chapter just keeps coming!" than complaining ... hehe. I may be the exception, who knows, but there you go.

I like the line about he's never going to forgive her for making him say it at a funeral. XD Yep, not the best timing, but somehow utterly hilarious. The juxtaposition of the two things ...

Looking forward to the next chapter!
N.M.E chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
You do realize that however late you might update, I still get excited whenever I see that alert in my mail box? :P I was literally going, 'Yay! She updated!' :D I simply cherish all the Elliot and Mara moments, however short they might be. And I'm going to be patient and enjoy each chapter as it comes because I know there's going to be some drama and excitement later! I simply cannot wait for that to happen! Elliot is wonderful. Have I told you that I really like your style of writing? I like the fact that you give details, everything can be imagined! Update real quick ok? :D
AmyRose1978 chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
I was thinking last night about this story and wondered when the next chapter would appear, so glad I didn't have to wait long. I love your style of writing, the hints of Elliot's past creeping in gradually, giving us a taster of what happened without making it easy to even hazard a guess. I freely admit that with each moment of tension between him and Mara my breath hitches and my heart skips a beat *sigh* I so want them to get together, but the suspense is really quite exhilarating!
andee lee chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
UGH, post the next part already! You're killing me, Smalls!

While it was a pretty sad chapter, it was still nice to have those few moments between Mara and Elliot. You know what a sucker I am for a manly man swooping in to save the day, so I really enjoyed that. A lot. Too much, actually. Elliot is...damn. He fine, girl. And he's not even real. Tragedy. I totally picture him (in overalls of course) with that steely look on his face, like "Don't fuck with me or my woman!" HOT.

I liked the return of the banter, of course, and the "You're beautiful" comment totally made my heart (and vagina) do that flip-flop thing that I love so much. I'm excited for the rest of the story to unfold...for the truth to come out...for Mara to dig in and get the story about this mystery man who she is so smitten with, she'd still do him even if he were a murderer. LOL.

DON'T BURY THE LEAD, ELLIOT. That made me laugh mostly because it made me think of Elliot burying other things. Not bodies. Penises. LOL I don't know, never mind. These two kill me, man. I want some action. But then I want it to be drawn out and I want this UST to last forever and ever.

I want this story to last forever and ever because despite what you say, I love it. Then again I don't want you to kill yourself because of how much you hate on it all the time so never mind. GIVE US MORE. IMMEDIATELY.
sshsilence chapter 10 . 8/21/2011
oooh god they need to get it on! Something. A hug. A kiss. Sex. something!
Danica West chapter 10 . 8/21/2011
phew, sorry for the delay! First week at the new job and holy f'ing sh.. I'm exhausted :) but I finally found the strength and time to read it and aaaw... poor horny Elliot! He needed to get off so badly haha! Can't blame him, though. All that sexual tension is bound to make a dude crazy! Bottom line, nice hot ending-scene! ..A shame Mara weren't there to 'help' him :b ...but I have a feeling we'll get to see some action between them sooner or later!

But what a sad chapter.. I honestly felt so bad for Jack! God, I'm glad Mara was there to give him a big, warm hug. Ugh, it's so sad. Poor jack :(

I really enjoyed the tailor-scene. Phew, talk about hot, sexual tension. I just wanted Elliot to grab Mara and take her right there... but it would probably be a little inappropriate with the funeral planning and all that. So I'll wait and be patient.

oooh, can't wait to 'see' Elliot in a suit! grrw :)

So as always Poppy, great chapter. I'm looking forward to what happens next - more horny Elliot! He's sexy when he's all hot and bothered!
Midnight113 chapter 10 . 8/20/2011
Well it's good to know he has such an attraction to her. ;) Love the affect she has on him and his body of course, lol. It's okay if he only loves her for her mind, it's a start that will progress in time to more. At least it better. I really like that Mara has stepped up and really helped out since Evie passed away. It's obvious Elliot would be lost without her there to keep his head on straight and assist in the preparations for the funeral and whatnot. That scene with her taking his measurements was so tension filled. When are they going to jump each other? It feels like an epic blow up is going to take place soon. For now, I liked that you put his past on the back burner to focus on other plot elements in this chapter. Although, I'm still so curious about Mr. Mystery Elliot and I don't expect my need to know his secrets will ever go away, lol. Fantastic chapter, update asap!
Devilish Kisses chapter 10 . 8/20/2011
He most certainly DOES NOT love her for her mind ;) Well, 'bout time he took care of that I think. Now for some real loving?
N.M.E chapter 10 . 8/17/2011
I could have that tension with a knife! That's how much it was! And I was expecting some 'losing control' over the situation on Elliot's part as well, sadly, it wasn't to be! :P I see a lot mroe development over the way the story is unfolding. Hopefully, many more things will be cleared in upcoming chapters! Can't wait! Update soon!
Chryse chapter 10 . 8/16/2011
This chapter felt pretty realistic with all the funeral stuff. I wish Melliot many happy times in the future to make up for the current sadness.

On another note, I never thought tailoring/seamstress work could be so sexy. :)
ShrimpoJewels chapter 10 . 8/16/2011
Oh man...that was so emotional..

Ends up hot ;-)

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Poor everyone (
mmjasamjaudia4eva chapter 10 . 8/16/2011
llove it.. i loled at the inseam part!
Miss Bitterbiscuit chapter 10 . 8/16/2011
Yay! I'm excited that you updated so fast! Aww...I love Mara and Elliot. So sweet and conflicted.
andee lee chapter 10 . 8/16/2011
OMG! So it wasn't farmer sex but I'll take it! LOL. Just kidding dude, this waiting is making the story a million times more fun. Although the circumstances are kind of less than ideal, I guess. All of this sexual tension, though...WHEW. At least Elliot got a little release. Heh. Get it. Release? Okay.

I know I said it already but poor Jack! The whole thing was sad but the line about the coffeepot got to me more than any of it. Ugh. I miss Evie! BRING HER BACK. I don't want Jack to be sad. Or Elliot. Who by the way, becomes more and more irresistible every chapter. Of course. That's just how you roll. I loved in this chapter the way he looked at Evie and Jack as his family, or as close to one as he could get. That he couldn't just leave really says a lot about him and I like that. He's a keeper. Even if he is all mysterious and bogged down with some creepy past. WHO CARES.

"Maybe it'll help bring them together." AH! :D

Great chapter, dude. I'm always left wanting the next one at the end of each so COME ON ALREADY. Let's see some more of Elliot loving Mara for her brilliant hot sexy mind. OR body. Whatever who cares can we get some love up in here? WHERE IS THE LOVE?
199 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »