Reviews for Cooler by the Water
Madame Jenn chapter 9 . 7/22/2011
Oh my God, I can't believe you just killed Evie!

It was so unexpected, but I wonder what will happen now...

And I hate (but totally love) how you gave us a little information about Elliot, but it was only the tip of the iceberg.

This story is seriously one of my favorites.

Update soon!
Miss Bitterbiscuit chapter 9 . 7/22/2011
OMG I'm so SAD! Poor Evie, used as a plot device.
Devilish Kisses chapter 9 . 7/22/2011
Oh no, Evie died :( That's so sad!

I liked their confrontation. Sometimes, it's good to let it all out and that's what they did! It was perfect!
Ethereal Discordance chapter 9 . 7/22/2011
Omg! Not Evie! I love meddlers like her, and she was so sweet! And even though Elliot's frustrating me too, I really love that you didn't have him agree to a date with her. I liked how everything just sort of exploded, because I think it really shows how frustrated they both are with the situation they've gotten themselves into. I dunno, it fully impressed on me the fact that they both wish things could be different.

Anyway, great chapter! Really looking forward to the next one! )
Guest chapter 9 . 7/22/2011
Nooo! no-no-no! poor Evie! and argh, the drama! I love it! it's like straight out of a real drama (not those bad soap opera's, don't worry.. this is much better)

And Elliot is hot when he's mad - damn! What an intense scene, but I felt so bad for both of them. They need some hot and steamy make up sex.

"And in another lifeā€¦I would have said yes," he said in a hoarse whisper.

Mara held his gaze for another beat. "Then I suggest you start concentrating on the one you've got, not one that will never be."

Elliot: 0 Mara: 1 - ouch! She really hit the spot, but hopefully it would knock some sense into that hot farmer guy. Who the hell is he protecting her from, what's his past? I was really hoping Mara would find something on the FBI's database, but we can't have it to easy :) smart girl, though. I would have done the same :) but hmn.. I'm still thinking ex-mob member, former assassin.. accidental murderer?

... I'll be waiting patiently for the day you reveal it :)

Great chapter! This really beats reading a book! and I mean that.
ShrimpoJewels chapter 8 . 7/20/2011
I'm so glad you're back! I missed you and your stories.

The scene in the plane was touching, can't wait to see what goes on. I feel for her, Alex is right, she's in love with someone who keeps brushing her off...that's a little heart breaking

Can't wait for the next chapter )
Midnight113 chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
First off, I love you for updating! Seriously, it just gets better every chapter... which leads me to the whole slow plot complaint. NO WAY! This is not slow at all and the romance is the plot, I completely agree and I appreciate a well thought out, well written, structured story that doesn't have to have a bunch of action and guns and drama to make it intriguing.

I've been hooked since the very beginning with this and no I'm not biased because I adore your writing skills. I'm honestly saying I love this story and my Mr. Mystery Elliot... ugh he's so sexy with his dark and edgy demeanor. What's a girl to do? ;) That scene on the plane was just... Ahhh! And of course I loved his shy, reserved self when meeting the fam.

I'm really thinking he was a criminal or maybe a cop who did something bad in the past and ran away from it. I don't know, but I'm so curious and interested in finding out and that alone has kept this story interesting and well paced. You haven't rushed them or their relationship. The plot is well built and constructed and your writing is beautiful. I wish I was this good. Bravo! All I can say is, more please!
mmjasamjaudia4eva chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
ahh..so glad you finally updated! i thought this chaptter with elliot was really important..that he does REALLY care for her. Dont worry about the plot..in my oppinion, i think that its going great. elliots backstory is what is keeeping up wondering...and tj's family issues just add greatness..Cant wait for another update!
Ethereal Discordance chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
I'm really loving this story! I'm literally laughing out loud at some parts and I feel like I can cut the sexual tension with a knife! You are a really great writer!

As for the whole plot thing, I don't think it's slow at all. Maybe that's because I'm a sucker for well-developed romances, but I like the pacing of the story so far!

Can't wait for the next chapter! )
Chryse chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
Def still reading! Looking forward to the showdown ... I prefer to think that this story simply takes its time instead of calling it slow. :) Though, I'll admit, I'm curious about his past and how the beginning of the story will play into the climax and ending.

Cheers for updating!
A fan of your writing chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
So, just finished chapter 7 and I thought it was good. Whoever anonymous is they are allowed to have there opinion like you said, but I do see a plot in your story. A lot of your writing is epic, so keep up the good work, and don't let critics get you down. Can't wait for chapter 8. :]
Weirderest chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
right. its settled, i love this. i can absolutely not wait for the next chapter. OH MAN YOU'RE GOOD. please write forever and ever and ever!
Preposterous chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
This is my favorite chapter yet!

Thanks for updating.
Danica West chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
Unbelievable! Just earlier today I thought it had been a while since you updated and whaddaya know, 6 hours later, boom, fp update! I'm telling you, man - telekinetic powers, I got fo' shizzle! (actually, I think it's because I just started watching Leverage again Elliot just reminded me of Elliot mwehe)

Anyways.. oh wow, I just love Mara's family, even if it seems rather loud and hectic :) makes me wish I grew up around a bunch of siblings and relatives, 'cause I'd probably never be bored! ..so back to the story.. you know I have this major crush on Donovan, right? daaamn, the Mara/Donovan scene, him leaning up against his cruiser and warning Mara (I love protective big brothers) sheesh, wrap him up in a bow and send him my way, will you? I'll pay for shipping!

I'd like to see more interaction between Elliot and Donovan. That would be really interesting.

I love the phone calls between Mara and Alex - they're hilarious! You have to make sure Alex gets a real cameo in the later or last chapter(s). He'd have so much fun studying Elliot and drooling over Mara's hot brother :) ..and I really laughed at their conversation, 'cause I've so been there. I was out shopping for shoes, though, not bras. This cute sales dude helped me try a shoe and as he touched the back of my heel, I realized that's the most action I'd gotten in a long time haha. Pathetic, I know but hey.. I'm doing much better these days *wink wink*

Are you afraid of flying, btw? You described it really well and made a very believable back story for Mara, so I wondered if that really were your own phobia? Or maybe it was just an excuse so Mara could snuggle up against Elliot :) speaking of which, he frustrates me! He clearly wants Mara, but argh.. what's he hiding? I'm so curious!

...he's a crossdresser, isn't he, Poppy? hahaha!

nah, keep the suspense, I like it :) your writing is amazing and there's nothing wrong with this plot. The plot is simply Mara and Elliot and how they fall for each other.

Good job! I'm looking forward to the big emotional showdown :) bring it!
Devilish Kisses chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
As amazing and touching and dysfunctional as this chapter was, girl, you take forver to update ha ha! But, i understand, writer's block can be a bitch!

If the next chapter's done, hopefully we'll get a quick update
199 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »