Reviews for Cooler by the Water
andee lee chapter 8 . 7/19/2011
Oh my God dude. I am totally in love with a fictional character. How lame does that make me? HA! I just want Elliot to say what he's thinking, JUST ONCE. Hopefully their big emotional showdown will give him the chance, although I totally see him turning around and running in the opposite direction. ALTHOUGH I can really tell with each chapter it gets harder for him to hide his true feelings. *cue cheesy romance music*

I loved how excited he got in the plane - seriously, turn a manly man into a little boy for a few minutes and BAM! He's even hotter. As if that were possible. At this point, if I were Mara, I wouldn't give two shits about his past. I'd want to jump his bones, too. And when he was all "I think that's enough..." OMG *die* that was so sexy.

I want to take a second to agree with you about the romance BEING the plot because it is, dude. You don't have to have some big showdown with a criminal who's trying to kill you to have a plot. ;) Although those are nice, too. I like Elliot's backstory playing into it little by little...the story is about Elliot and Mara, not just Elliot's past. And I love them together. Elliot needs someone like her, dammit. I think you're doing a really good job evolving them both...they're really good characters, woman. And in a story like this, they ARE the story. At this point, in my opinion at least, who Elliot WAS is kind of taking a backseat to who he IS now.

HAHA I sound like an idiot but you know what I'm trying to say. Elliot was freakin' adorably awkward at Mara's house...I loved that entire scene. And Mara bustin' out the sweet dance moves was fun, too. (btw I totes imagined her doing the Lady Gaga Poker Face dance during that scene. LOL)

I CAN'T WAIT for this conversation...make it happen, please. ASAP. ;) AND I ALSO CAN'T WAIT FOR FARMER SEX just in case you thought I'd forgotten. HA!

I still love this story and I think the writing is some of you very best, honestly. I love the development and the descriptions...seriously GOOD. WRITING. Which I am jealous of. :)
Devilish Kisses chapter 7 . 6/14/2011
I love this! Please update soon! It's been more than a month and we want to know what's going to happen :)
Devilish Kisses chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
3 I love them!
Devilish Kisses chapter 3 . 6/14/2011
I like him ;)
Devilish Kisses chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
I really like Mara's character. She's shy and sweet. And, Mr. I didn't give it seems interesting as well
Devilish Kisses chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Highly intriguing. Short and simple, yet still insightful!
flowersinfall chapter 7 . 6/6/2011
It wouldnt let me login to submit a signed review :( so I just typed my name. I need a new chapter, I am dyingggg! I love it so far!
reader chapter 7 . 6/4/2011
This is absoultely fantastic! Can't wait for the next chapter, please update soon!
chng234 chapter 7 . 5/22/2011
things will get heated up very soon between both of them
Danica West chapter 7 . 5/16/2011
I'm so far behind in this, it's embarrassing! ..but working, applying for countless of jobs AND having just started my own little real-life romance, it just minimizes my chill-time! But no worries, Poppy, I'm still alive and I'm still a faithful reader!

Okay, so I read the last two chapters en one sitting and aaarh, I love Mara and Elliot together. And their playful bantering :) I can't believe you weren't satisfied with your tractor scene - I loved it. I could just picture it my head; the yellow-glowy sunset in the background, the romantic guitar music playing... yes, it sounds incredibly cheesy when I describe it, but there's nothing wrong with cheese! ..What I'm trying to say is that I liked the tractor scene and you should too, dammit!

..and oh, what is it with americans and not being able to drive stick? mwehe..

I loved this part - how Elliot wished he'd been hurt in a more "manly" way. "A splinter of all thingsā€¦couldn't he have at least injured himself in a more manly way? Broken a leg perhaps? Mauled by a riding mower?" I really sputtered out a laugh at that one.. so typical guys!

I also love how you make your character's have a sort of schtick sentence. Like, Elliot have the "learned it by reading it in a book" and Delaney had "Humor me" :)

And "I'm just naturally good with my hands" Muahaha! oh, we all just KNOW you're gonna use that one again later, eh *wink wink*

Anyways, you've done it again. I can't believe that you actually struggled with this, 'cause it just seems so effortless when I read it. It flows so naturally with both descriptions and dialogue, and the jumps from one scene to another is smooth as silk :) so good job, Poppy. Don't be too hard on yourself - I love this story! I can't believe it took me so long to finally sit down and read it. But I just knew I needed a peaceful time of the day with no interruptions, so it could get my full attention - you deserve nothing less!

Keep up your amazing work! :)
Midnight113 chapter 7 . 5/14/2011
This site is being such a pain in the butt and won't let me sign in, but no way is that going to stop me from telling you how much I loved this chapter. I don't care if it takes you years to get a chapter out because the quality and overall enjoyment I get from reading it definitely makes the wait worth it. I love seeing these two get closer and Mr. Mystery Elliot is becoming more of a mystery chapter... which I'm sure is the intention. ;)

It's killing me though, I want to know more about him. Well, at least I know he's good with his hands, lol. Oh, and he's been getting a little lovin' in the past. The whole splinter in his palm was so adorable, it's so cute that he 'saved' her and acted all embarrassed about the pain. Lastly, the scene with her observing his place, the rocking chair and the entire atmosphere that you created describing the interior was so beautifully done. Marvelous work! This story is perfect, so stop second guessing. I like Elliot's soft side. And yes, you better finish it... that's all I have to say. ;)
Liza K chapter 7 . 5/13/2011
Hey! I really love your stories and your writing. This one is super great too, but the problem with it is the pacing. I just read 7 chapters, and I feel like nothing has happened. I understand that's your style and that you like the subtle approach, but it feels so drawn out. I felt the same way about Inn on Ravenna Road. I was so excited for this new chapter until I finished and realized that no real progress was made in the plot. Anyway, keep it up! Looking forward to the next one.
Madame Jenn chapter 7 . 5/11/2011
First off, thank you for this amazing update.

The tension is rising and it's great.

I love Elliot's point of view.

I can't wait for the next chapter.

SERIOUSLY !
Chryse chapter 7 . 5/10/2011
Haha, yup, I remember you. ;) I only spotted one typo, so looks pretty good overall (it was when she was talking about her brother and said something about a 'goo' school I think it was ...) The convo didn't seem stilted to me, though Elliot was a bit more emotional, perhaps. But I don't know that I consider that a bad thing, haha.

Already waiting for your next update! :)
clkamp chapter 7 . 5/10/2011
Oh please don't give up on it or the characters! I'm dying to know about Elliot's past! Can't wait for the next chapter!
199 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »