Reviews for Blank
Self-DissectedPsyche chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
As a writer, I've often mused over the importance of blank space. It's a representative of infinite potential and wonder that only visual artists get to fill. In a way, a writer can fill a blank page, but so much space is left behind. I like to think that this gives the reader space to reflect, but that's just my interpretation. I like your aspiration to fill the void, and ask that you try, always.
frugale chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Hm. One thing I'd say is that you've allowed particles void of meaning (it's, it, to, be, with) gnaw away your oh so precious and limited syllables. It's crucial in haiku to make the best out of what little space is allocated.

I liked the contrast between 'blank', 'perfectly white' and 'filled'. But like the previous reviewer, the repetition of the word 'blank' puts me off - maybe removing the title from the chapter would help.

Keep writing! :)

-frugale
the sun softly smiles chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Hitting the right note? I think so. Just a couple of things that kind of bugged me - "Blank" in the first line should have a comma afterward, and ... I don't know. Maybe it's just because I don't like the word blank, but its repetition seemed... just not right to me. I can't really explain it.

However, I really do think you did a nice job - heaven knows I can't write haiku! :)

- Leila