Reviews for Cynthia, a portrait
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
First of all love the word Prostry. Dunno if you made that up or not, but I like it.

"When she's not looking I watch how rolls of fat jut out across her pants, folding underneath the insignificant fold of her vagina. I don't look because I want to. Only, because I can't look away."... I really loved this part because I can so relate to it. I find myself doing that same thing to people sometimes.

The piece was an interesting depiction of this person, but it also gave a bit about the narrator too which I liked. I thought the beginning part was great too.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Very interesting take on an unusual relationship. The narrator does not want to look at her friend because she finds her grotesque on some level but cannot because it's quite a sight to behold, I'm guessing. Their interactions are painfully awkward and strained, which is relatable to me since I know people like this who possess some pathetic fallacy about them.

I like the 'anthropomorphic' attribute to Justin. I took it literally at first but knowing you, there had to plenty more beneath that for me to mull over. Nice job.