Reviews for Rodeo Man
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Rough and gritty, the way it ought to be.
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
This review is brought to you by the Review Marathon. For more information, see the link on my profile.

I like your jaunty style of narration because it suited the topic and scene perfectly, and really set it off to an advantage. I didn't like the saying at the end because I felt that it interrupted the more personal tone of the poem.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
oh I love it !

"try to buck the world off" - beautiful

"Legs in a whore's grip" - perfect.

Sincere narrative voice, deft relationship building: I don't even like rodeo an you had me loving this!
nickyO chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
rough and tumble prose, great description
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
well placed imagry. Its not often you find a poem like this on this site, but when there is one it is like a gem.

-William
SirScott chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
This fits in with the gunsmoke radio shows that I have been listening to lately. That kind life isn't what it once was. Good job with this one.

SirScottr
Raebie chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
I like this. And I think that leaving the saying at the bottom is better than including it in the poem. It's better that way, I think. Almost like a tribute at the end, you know?
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
It was pretty good. You got me at "whore's grip".

Anyhow, I did have one issue with the saying at the end. This is a poem, and you ended it with a saying that sounds like a poem. I think if you incorporated the saying into the poem, it would make more sense. It's kind of like if instead of putting credits at the end of the movie, you put another, shorter movie. It just doesn't fit in well.