Reviews for Seven Songs to Count
3M2R chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Nice and sweet and no, you aren't bad at all IMO. I suck too, just started writing songs like three days ago, how good can I be?

I like the chorus most. (: catchy and not too mushy.
Ioga chapter 7 . 5/4/2011
Hello again! I'm not really good at reviewing songs but I wanted to review something more for you so here I am. :) Disclaimer: I'm the kind of person who, even with poetry, feels great when there's clear structure, traditional rhyming and syllable matches, and maybe a pun here and there - in contrast, I might not catch symbolism unless it bites me on the nose, or interpret it the wrong way anyway. In a word, I read poetry like an engineer. So it's best to take my comments with a hint of salt. :)

In a general note, I was thinking through this that it might be beneficial to make sure there's a consistent imagery through a song. For example with most of the songs, I felt like it's telling a very contemporary story - there's a single "ye" in an earlier song but I figured that was kind of ironic. So imagine my confusion and distraction when the last song speaks of "my sword over my head" in a sense that's kind of hard to wave off as a figure of speech! "Medieval? Huh, what did I miss?" It stands out so strongly that it steals the show for me - if the era is made clear from the start, it won't dominate the thing, or if it's not there, it can be any era the reader happens to think.

So, that's the content feedback I could come up with. X-) As for nitpick stuff, I'm better at spotting those: Song 7: verse 2 is already the last verse, but it says "as I _begin_ to tell this tale". Minor ones: Song 1 verse 2: "I take a artpad" - an, "is a single with you" missing a night. And "cayse" - 'cause. Song 2: "boldly proclame" - proclaim. Song 3: "want to breath again" - breathe (when it's a verb). Song 6: "that your not done" - you're - there's also some tense swapping here from past to present. Song 7: "your loking" - you're (repeats).

Thanks for this!

PS. What's a bridge? I guess it's not a part of the song.
Telephonic chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
I really enjoyed this! I liked verse two, something about it just seemed so honest and personal which is what makes for the best sort of songs.
Jenny Sue chapter 6 . 12/29/2010
This is nice! I especially liked "Hold on tight as everything collides" as a line to go out on.

"Never thought I'd stuck right here"

- Missing a "be", but I assume this is just a typo and I'm being pedantic.

"Yeah, so here we go for the 2100th time"

- I like this line. But maybe it would be best to write it in words and not numbers, so you're specifying whether it should be read as "two-thousand one-hundredth" or "twenty-one hundredth", as it's written to be a song and one might fit better to the music.

Overall, I thought this was good. Happy writing (: