Reviews for Kurokiri Ouji
Flamaij chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I sense... a lot of drama in the next chapters. Poor boy, it must be a shock for him to know that he'll only live for twenty years. Stupid witch - although I'm really curious how she became like that. And why the heck did she tell him about the course? I personally wouldn't have done that - or are there more specified reasons?

Update soon!
StoryMonster chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
Pretty interesting!

Your vocabulary is admirable, and the words you used here are very well placed and it adds to the quality of the work.

I wasn't so happy about the way you introduced the problem, somehow it didn't flow well with the rest of the story. But after that, it started flowing again, and the ending was done very well too!

Great going!

StoryMonster

*Could you please repay this review via Yours Truly, an Indian Pessimist? And Do check out the author's note at the end of the whole thing!
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
I like the role of the witches in this story. It's a typical characterization, but one that I've always liked because it really personifies the fantasy-based image of witchcraft. However, I didn't really like when the witch came back and tried to talk to the little boy. Why on earth would she do that? If it were me, I would never have told him that there was a way for his curse to be over. I would have let him figure it out on his own. I feel that the witch sort of sold herself out on that one.
Miz-KTakase chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Nicely done there. Looking forward to seeing how the story progresses.
thefaultinourpatronus chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Love the ending! Great prologue, it's a nice hook for the chapters to come.

x mandy

Gossip
Eva Rieycoit chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Ooh witches, I think that's really interesting! Anyway, I love how you've written the prologue, it really makes me want to read on to find out what happens next! And the ending was a good cliffhanger as well! :)
Eiya Weathes chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
I love it! There's not much to say for this one actually.

[Dusk approached the country of Kuramori, the sky and the land basking in the sunset's celestial golden glow. The verdurous hills and sublime forest landscape slowly sank into the shadows of the approaching night. Villages, towns and their inhabitants fell into a peaceful stillness.]

- The opening had me staring in awe and kept me going as I continued reading. It was beautiful.

[Screams of terror ripped the tranquility into shreds. Fires broke out, driving villagers from their homes. With a voracious appetite, the scarlet flames feasted on houses, structures and the woods that surrounded them. Throughout the country, inhabitants of villages fled the infernal destruction. They knew the cause of this catastrophe. They all knew.

Witches.]

- I like how you introduced the 'witches' concept.

["There is away to remove the curse."]

- This should be: There is a way to remove the curse.

[The witch continued. "And should you find the one you love before then, you must never physically show her your affection." She traced the prince's lips with her pale, slender fingers. "If you do, your curse will spread to her, and I'm sure you don't want that. Understand?"

He nodded. She smiled unpleasantly at him again, then continued on her way down the dirt path. The prince watched her walk away and stooped down to take up his sword again, but as he did, another surge of pain, more severe and violent than the first, coursed from his shoulder throughout his entire body. Although the witch was now out of sight, he could hear her crazed laughter. She took pleasure in his suffering, it was clear.

From that day, the prince vowed to rid himself of the curse, even if it meant tainting his own pure soul.]

- Wow this is a great ending and a great hook.

- Amethyst Penn

This review is sponsored by the Gossip Forum.
xRayne wolfx chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
. why are you so good in writing? I love it! - I have a feelig I'm gonna enjoy reading more of this so I look forward to a future update, have fun with Christmas!

Rayne wolf
x Siri-Anna x chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
I love it. I love the plot, and it's very well-written. I can't wait to see what happen's next. I've subscribed to the story so that I can keep reading :D