Reviews for The Basics To Romantic Stories
AnonymousLily chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I do like the Brontes and Jane Austin- but aside from them- is this why romances make me crazy? Lol- I did read Twilight- and felt sorry that the girl seemed to have such massive self-esteem issues. This was great!
5465165 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
ahahaha, this made me laugh! Very true though...
The Whippoorwill chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
Oh. My gawd. You my friend are brilliance. I absolutely loved this so much i'm going to make references to your story on cyberspace and publicize you to these lovestory-craving-twats :D

Huzzaare!
InsaneAuthor44 chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Ahh, I'm torn. See, I would never admit it to anyone who actually knows me, but I am a romantic. It'll probably never happen for me, I'm ugly as hell, but for my friends, yeah, I hope they get a fairytale ending. I agree that there are a lot of stories like this, but not all romance novels/short stories are all about the romance! And a lot of them, if they are all romance, are still very good and believable. A good example is The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks. I never thought in a million years that it'd be good, but it really was.

I'm rambling. The gist; The romances that you speak of are corny and frequent, but not all are that way. You just have to find the good ones.

Wow, I really thought too hard. I should stop doing that.
I'M A DINOSAUR BE SCARED chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Hahaha Oh how i love you at this moment in time :)

This is so true, i must say most Romance stories on F.P are rather predictable.

Just to let you know you made my day Thank You :D

sincerely, I'M A DINOSAUR BE SCARED
NinjasRule chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Hehe. This is awesome Leanne! I think this hits the nail on the head. Girls and their obsession with romancing a mythical being! (I am, in fact, a girl) I personally despise people that post soppy romance fantasy stories in the 'Humour' section of FP. Great job. It was really funny!
instrumentalromance79 chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
i have a few things to say: A. screw twilight, its F.A.K.E., everyone get a life. b. I like romance storys to an exstit, anything vampire of werewolf can be thrown away, thats y i read things like weird 'in year 3021' storys. stuff thats 110% F.A.K.E. and 3. im writng romance storys, because you make the reader dream and actually think about love, you dont want to go out and say bluntly "LOVE IS FAKE!" now do you? and in all actuallity, love is part of the human life, right? right. just dont make the story all about love, make a hint of romance, but don't drown a good moral story with it! but yes, i agree. romances are absolute bullshit.
Wolf Princess girl chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
that was funny! you took what I kinda like as a romance fan and twisted it to make it seem stupid... I LOVED IT :D!

lol my freinds think they are vampires as well! But we all hate twilight... STUFF TEAM EDWARD AND JACOB! TEAM CREEPSLY AND DARREN AND TEAM MOKA ALL THE WAY! HELLZ YEA-circ du freak forever and rosaniovampire-they could destroy edwad and his fellow sparklepires with their straightness!
Love and Roll chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Hahahaha! That is totally true. I like some romance stories but not this kind. Usually if it's this kind I stop reading or watching. xD
RedRobin chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
This was hilarious. :D
Emiko Gale chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I hate romantic cliches...thanks for pointing out the most obvious ones
Rubble chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I think I love you.
CCKins chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
And then he turns out gay. They lived happily ever after indeed! Most romances are like that, I will agree, and it's sometimes to annoying, ESPECIALLY YOU TWILIGHT! I still can't believe I got dragged into watching that! Anyway, very funny indeed. I do sometimes write romances, but I avoid this structure EVERY TIME for reasons that you made quite obvious.

Overall: I love this, and it really cheered me up!
Mina chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
I hate these types of stories as well; if you want a non-typical romance story that is absolutely brilliant, check out this one: /s/2506563/1/Cold_Turkey