Reviews for Throw another cat on the fire Reverend Schreier
Nesasio chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Great repetition in this. Repetition always has the potential to be overdone but I didn't think that in this poem. It really worked. There were some great lines in here too. I liked "cropping up in the New World like folk tales about apple seeds." It's a unique comparison and really worked with all the other 'New World' references. Good luck in the WCC! :)
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Ah, I liked the use of big, scripture-like words and tone here. Gave the piece a very sacred-like feeling.

Beautiful poem, as always. Gorgeous word choices.

Good job and good luck in WCC!
wammyboys chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
You had a very interesting poetry format going here, almost like a small story. Although the whole subject of witches being burned at stake was interesting to me, it never quite touched me. However this piece makes it seem so realistic, so lifelike.

You definitely displayed an expansive vocabulary and I'm pretty sure I missed some stuff. I'm still kinda young, so my bad.

Also, your descriptions were so vividly done. You managed to combine modern humor with a dilemma that's centuries old.

The "burn the metaphor" bit was really clever. It really ended the poem just right.
ariadne.masen chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
From reading this tragic story, I can tell you are passionate about this. I enjoyed reading about this, although a poem, it was very much a learning lesson. Thank you for sharing.