Reviews for Fluffy on Doomsday
Inkspilled chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Very funny and amusing, despite the actual concept. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :) The beginning was very funny, "rolled over and it tickled my back". Great job.
StoryMonster chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
I had to read it a couple of times to get it, but it was amusing!

They ran around making funny noises - funny line, it had me laughing.

Good luck for the Challenge!

StoryMonster
lookingwest chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Aw, it's cute. XD. Like I said in the review reply I just sent, I loved the way that you built up to that last line, there was a sense of poet in this drabble that I really enjoyed. The short sentences were well placed and I think they ended right where they should-you didn't ramble or go on too long with any of them, they were just right. Overall the concept of this peice was also fun, and I think you incorporated a lot of great detail with so few words. I liked the drama of it, the scary image of the "friend was crying by the fridge"-it's scary, but the end, how you tie it with "cozy" "sleepy" "purring" is just so cat-like. Don't care about much but themselves, those cats, XD. Creative take on the prompt!
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Haha, this was a short piece but I totally got it. I found myself laughing more than I thought I would.

"Window-watched the neighbors all afternoon. They ran around making funny noises."

-This is lol worthy. XD

Very cute idea, writing from the cat's chilled out POV.

Good job and good luck in WCC!
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Ah, now I understand your question on SkOT. I like this. I think this perspective is really neat and I think you handled it well. The title fills in some of the blanks, so I definitely like how you gave the readers a bit more insight that way.

I also like the "Friend was crying by the fridge", "They ran around making funny noises" and "Friend emptied her pillbox before bed" lines because it was a really creative way to further provide the reader with more information.

It's short but it's good. Neat little snapshot of a cat's life on Doomsday. Definitely creative and an interesting way to tie in the plot. Best of luck in this month's WCC.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Nice!

I love how quickly you know exactly who the narrator is, despite no obvious hints - very nicely done. I thought their attitude was perfect too.

"Squished me" consider taking the 'me' out, so it's just "Squished." to me, it sounds more unhappy cat? :D

I totally didn't absorb the title til after I read it all, and was like, Oh! XD Wider context. That did add depth, but even without just the crying and pillbox was enough to make this satisfying.

I'm amazed how satisfying this was for such a short piece! Thanks for a great read, and good luck in the WCC! :)