Reviews for Mutually Assured Destruction
meaganmarie5 chapter 12 . 8/13/2013
God, this story guts me!
I really liked seeing how a one night stand could hurt a guy instead of a girl, plus even though he was a dick, I loved how Asher stood up for his friend.
I love Riley but her temper is starting to piss me off. Sometimes she just needs to chill.
My heart just freakin ached when Asher went after Riley at the end of the chapter. Ahhhh! I can't take much more!
I can't wait for the next chapter.
And you definitely get my SKOW vote :)
shortwinters219 chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
OMG just when Riley was finally warming up to Asher! So frustrating! But also really good ;)
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 12 . 8/13/2013
...no. You did not just do that to Riley and Asher. *cries*
SHE ACTUALLY SAID SHE WOULD BE WILLING TO BE FRIENDS. AND THEN YOU JUST I JUST HE JUST SHE-*breathes*
I did kind of like the angst though, as sad as it is that once again one step forward is two steps back, I love reading riley and asher argue.
He was a jerk though, the stuff he said...
I like though that Clara's character is undergoing a change, some development i guess (not to say she sisnt a developed character because she is, I'm just flailing for another word). This will be an interesting plotline, methinks. seeing how she matures (would you call it maturing? idk) or attempts to overcome her commitment issues, if she tries.
I love that Riley slapped asher, and that she stood up for her friend , just like asher stood up for his. I also like thats RIley didn't step in right away, she gave clara a chance to defend herself first.

["Please, Riley," he whispered, his brown eyes almost pleading with me. "Please talk to me."]
You really know how to tug on my heartsrings don't you? merlin I just *huggles Asher really really really close and then proceeds to lecture RIley on my she should have just kissed him and said she forgives him and asdghjko9*
Yes I know I am a romantic idealist ;P I've been told many times hahah
WHY RILEY ASHER FOLLOWED YOU HE WAS PRACTICALLY BEGGING AND YOU BROKE HIS HEART AND MY HEART AND YOUR OWN HEART AND JUST

I'm inconsolable and drowning in a pool of heart broken feels. being a fangirl follower of brillaint stories makes life so hard. lol.

[By the time we'd awoken on that Saturday morning, he had rolled back over until he was nearly falling out of the bed.] that made me giggle, and disappointed me both at the same time. RIley, deal with you intimacy issues already! Then go snog the life out of asher! )

I'm dying for the next chapter now. I'm hoping for a reunion, but idk that may be a tad unrealistic and idealistic of me xD

Great job :) btw I voted in the SKoW awards :)
Raya chapter 12 . 8/12/2013
OMG! they were finally getting along, but I feel like this was needed. Riley needed to revisit the whole scenario since she never took the time to understand how Asher felt about that particular situation.

Anyway, I am so happy you updated 2x in a month! :D LOVE THIS STORY!
spaghetti chapter 12 . 8/12/2013
YESSSSSSS

It probably makes me a bad person but I'm so gleeful right now that Riley was so mad she was punching things.

Aaaaaaaah they are so the same they just need to get it into their stubborn heads and then they'll be together foreverrrrrrrrr.
whisperedcares chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
PS: (Since it wasn't letting me post another review in chapter 11 / 12 again haha)

SPOILERS

When Asher made his verbal death blow, I was chanting "smack him, smack him!".

So points to Riley for the bitch slap, well deserved!

Your Avidly Addicted Reader,

- Cara
foreternity chapter 12 . 8/12/2013
OMIGODDD :O :O :O :O NO OMG :( poor asher although he really shouldnt have said that even if he was angry but aww i wish riley listened to him and forgave him omg pleasee update soon then! and hope they make up in the next chapter hahha :D maybe asher will do something to make it up to her/clara? ;) UPDATE PLEASEEEE!
whisperedcares chapter 12 . 8/12/2013
This is probably worse than square one haha! Only because, at least then they were talking. I feel bad for Asher, mostly 'cause he obviously really likes her - or at least has a big ole crush on her; and she - while refusing to think of anything that has to do with any affection she may or may not have for him - was only hurt so bad BECAUSE there is something there. So their both hurting and I don't see this being easily resolved in another chapter. Which is a bonus on the fact that that may mean we wont be done anytime soon haha.

I do hope that they can resolve this to the point of another touching moment soon (especially since there was no awkward morning after for the snuggle), but as we all want to read about real lifelike characters, her pride will have her holding out for a while longer I think. At least, my chip on the shoulder habit would have me doing so.

About my signings off, when I first joined Ficpress, I started these ways to end my reviews, and I figured they may be taken a bit creepy like, but as I am told that I'm on the weird side of people to begin with; that a little creepy wasn't so bad. So the fact that you like it makes me happy! XD

Can't wait for the next installment, You're avidly-addicted-college-packing-procrastinator,

Cara
obijuankenobi chapter 12 . 8/12/2013
So, first, I'd like to say that every time I get an email saying you've updated I pull a Judd Nelson and victoriously thrust my fist in the air. Okay, maybe not that elaborately, but you get the idea. I love seeing those emails.

Secondly, I'd just like to say that you've always been one of my favorite FP authors - when Kurt and Lotte had that scene on the Eiffel Tower, tears were shed. When Mike rescued Abby from being date-raped, there were audible gasps. And, now, when Asher called Riley and Clara whores, I, too, wanted to slap him. You always have a way of making me emotionally invested, and I love that. sI love you/s what? Did you hear something? That's weird.

Anywho, I look forward to your next chapter. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Mighty-Unicorn98 chapter 12 . 8/12/2013
No! D: T-T she should have listend to him! :'o my OTP ...i ship them so hard! I cant wait till the next chapter
Arwin Fred chapter 11 . 8/11/2013
Thank you for mentioning hammerheads, Hammerhead is my nickname. I liked the shift but how did those two end up next to each other.
DuchessYappingDog chapter 11 . 8/8/2013
Oooooh Riley and paint buckets in the same dream? Maybe is trying to glue her to him... Forever! Hehehehehe. Oh I hope to see the morning after reaction soon. Will there be forestry involved?
meaganmarie5 chapter 11 . 8/7/2013
God I love this story. :)
I don't know what it is about Asher, but he's this unbelivably cute, sexy, hot little thing all rolled together. I can't wait for more!
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 11 . 8/7/2013
I have to admit that basically anything hockey related is lost on me, however I did enjoy reading all the insults, chants and seeing Riley stare at asher ahahahaha

ASDGJKI CAN I JUST LIKE WOW FEELS ASHRILEY (shriley?) BECAUSE CUDDLING AND MASS SEXUAL TENSION AND RILEY ADMITTING TO GIVING HIM A CHANCE AND

[Maybe I liked where things went the last time I made a bet with you."]
Hehehe hands down favourite line.
I am just having major feels and this chapter is perfect and sdhjki asher is just damn well adorable.
Brilliant job!
I'll check out those SKoW award thingy mabobs for you :)
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 10 . 8/7/2013
Hahaha oh I loved this chapter, the IR stuff was interesting :) I didn't really understand most of it, lol, but still. It adds some substance to the story.

I lovvvveeeee how Asher read Riley's paper and actually didn't insult it, when Is suppose he could have pretended that it wasn't worth the A. I like how they didn't exactly argue either, well aside from the oh so heated class debates, but after that she didn't rub it in that she beat him. Just said have a nice break.

Hehehe I look forward to seeing the next chapter :)
248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »