Reviews for Reading
KML92 chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Hmm...I liked this piece a lot. It was very well written. It sounded very much like an intelligent person wrote this, yet it had the whole feel of a connection with the characters. The only part I found slightly odd was when the tree fell into Emma's room, no one heard it? That seems like it would make quite a bit of noise. That's the only thing I found to be slightly askew. Other than that, I loved it. I liked the way it seemed philisophical with those sort of oppinions in the story. I totally agree with Emma, though I don't need to read minds to tell me that. Great job! I may look into some more of your work.

KML92
Mae Silver chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I like this story for many reason. First, as an occasional sci-fi reader, I usually end up finding crappy stories with creepy characters and no plot, but this one is pretty awesome. It's developed well, and written well too. I'm glad that you didn't bring in so many overused elements of this genre, like associating the government and the conpiracy theory with it. The ending was great, and I like how you didn't stretch out the story. Overall great job.
Marril96 chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
This sotry was good, but there are things I don't agree with. The writing and spelling was good, but now to the point...

I do not agree with Allan. If Emma can read minds, why shouldn't she? I would too. Everyone I know would. If she can do it, she should. It's her ability. Judging by that logic, should a dumb man be angry if other people were talking to him? Or should a blind man be angry if people who could see would look at him?

And why did she have to tell her parents? It's HER ability, HER power. She has the right to decide what to do with and and who to tell about it.

And I doubt that her parents just let her go with it. They might be fine with it at first, but later they'd give her limits and restrictions, which is why she shouldn't have told them.

Still, i'd like to see this story continued. Too bad it's a oneshot.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
Omg, this sucks, stop writing, your such and attention whore
Nederbird chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
I didn't really know what to expect in the beginning, it seemed to starts out pretty much as a short slice-of-life story, then gradually veering off onto the paranormal. Nevertheless, I must say that I really liked this.

While I don't think that our brains' electric signal ever stray from our nervous systems to outside of our bodies, I'm not the type of person to rant about and downgrade a story for that. This is your universe where you set its limits and I'm going to respect that and base my review off of that.

What made me like this so much was how while Emma only saw the bad nature in people from their negative thoughts (which isn't surprising since there's a lot to dislike humans over) and while it seemed it'd end on a misanthropic note, Allan managed to turn the tables on her, showing her that she was no exception from the rule. Mostly when I've come across misanthropic descriptions like the middle of this story, they would rarely admit that humans have a good side to them as well, and adamantly state that all humans are uniformly a bunch of jerks. This is where your story is different, as it has a more balanced perspective.

I also interpreted there being a moral to this story, about not judging people too quickly and not base your image of folks off of only of their personality traits. Quite a lot of people seem to do that today, so I'm also glad that your could weave that message into your fic. That's a really good thing you did there.

I also liked their surname being French.

Conclusively, I'll add this fic to my favourites. Good work!

Med Vänliga Hälsningar, Nederbörd.
Remmyisme chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Hey, this is really good. I liked how you betrayed realationship between the two siblings. I also liked how you wrote Emma, and opioniating her view on what she had been able to hear from what other people have thought.

The only thing that I disliked was how the ending seemed a bit rushed whereas the rest of the story had a nice pace set.

But all in all, it was great )
Your super friend chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
Heya. This is you-know-who speaking. I finished your story after you linked it up, and just wanted to tell you how I felt about it.

For an original fiction (I really don't read a lot of those), I really, really enjoyed this! A nice break from the fictional fandom characters I am used to reading about every day.

I know that the plot about psychic powers have often been used in various things, but this was one of the first times I'd seen it used with just children figuring about how to deal with it on their own at first. Your OCs were really likable for me; not too flashy and the dialogue was pretty easy for me to understand. And I'm not an avid fan of science, but I still found the details about currents really informative and unique.

A really good story you have crafted here, Brendan Rizzo. Thanks so much for the read. :)