Reviews for A Balance of Harmonies
justanotherdot chapter 10 . 9/5
I just reread this for the third time, I'm 20 now and I've come to realize that no matter how much I'd like to think I'm like Emil, I am more like Peregrine after Kurt left. Which is weird since I've never had a relationship.
Also, I may have read the entire fic three times but I've lost count of how many times I've read the part where Emil got sick. I tear up everytime. I love Emil, I really do and I know Peregrine has been through a lot but I still get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me want to see someone to lose something they hold dear because they were careless with it - like the way Peregrine used to take Emil for granted for so long.
It's awful but I always relish the part where Peregrine thinks Emil died. It always gives me a sort of sick satisfaction. I don't want Emil to die and I loath it when I'm reminded that people tend to only realize how much of a good thing they had until it's (almost)gone.
I talked about it with a friend and he pointed out that Emil was grown man who could've taken care of himself... but my head won't wrap around it knowing what kind of relationship Peregrine and Emil had.
Which in turn makes me stew about why I think I have a lot of Peregrines bad points...
then I look for stories with suicide trigger warnings, dark themes or at worst, character death.
Guest chapter 21 . 2/9
For the sound of air rushing out from a body check, what about "unf"? It's how I tend to think of it. An UNF said more in the throat than the mouth.
TinaLouise chapter 19 . 4/3/2015
This chapter always confuses me a bit. I've never really understood why Peregrine thinks that Emil and Kurt wouldn't want him to want them like this. I kinda understand why Peregrine thinks he shouldn't want them this badly at this point in the story but at one point he says something along the lines of them not wanting him the way he's thinking here.
ArthurAlbionKirkland chapter 125 . 4/27/2014
What does Emil have against Christmas?
ArthurAlbionKirkland chapter 19 . 4/23/2014
Zorrina93 chapter 150 . 12/16/2013
So it's finally finished. Congratulations on finishing one of the most wonderful stories on the internet. I will miss updates from you dearly.

This story captured me from the first chapter and seeing it come to such an elegant conclusion is truly beautiful. Your characters caught my heart and you write as well as if you were merely typing words that were really spoken.

I hope you continue to write, I know that I will re-read this masterpiece many times in the future. But I do think you need a break, this was a long haul to finish.

TinaLouise chapter 150 . 12/15/2013
I'm sad to see this story over, but like your other stories, this one will be revisited often.
Goldenstars chapter 146 . 11/10/2013
This is the chapter I've been waiting for! While conflict and hardship is needed, the main characters 'winning' is much more satisfying. I think Kurt's mother is my least favourite character and I was dreading the expected meeting. This was so satisfying to read. No open arguments, but quiet disarmaments that could not be disagreed easily with. Lovely, lovely. I'm just hoping everything doesn't fall to pieces when Kurt gets home, and I'm not sure if I'd rather Pamela to be out of Kurt's life or for a slow reconciliation to begin. Also it's nice that she's not a straight 'evil/bad' character. Great chapter!
Rina chapter 146 . 11/10/2013
Oh yes! I'm so glad you found your muse again to keep writing this wonderful story. It's the highlight of my reading week to see any kind of update from you, but this story is my absolute favorite right now. I have no clue how you keep tabs on all your characters, and plot points as well as you do, especially in a story of peoples lives rather than simply a 'one off' occasion story. I hope your inspiration continues!
Kilian Grey chapter 42 . 10/21/2013
So selfish...
Kilian Grey chapter 26 . 10/14/2013
good laugh, humor is lovely.
Kilian Grey chapter 18 . 10/14/2013
Peregrine is awakening...
Kilian Grey chapter 15 . 10/14/2013
Kilian Grey chapter 13 . 10/14/2013
Loved the banter and Peri's feeling of power and happiness.
whatisit chapter 141 . 10/7/2013