Reviews for A Wavering Beacon
the-lovely-anomaly chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Dark corners are creepy, but this little haiku is beautiful and true.
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
I am so use to you writing funny little tid bits that whenever you write something deep and heartfelt I am taken back for a moment. I like the balance that this poem has, though slightly eerie it shows that even something that is meant to give off a sunny disposition can have a demon that dwells within.

a friend of my cousin hung herself just the other day, this poem is a perfect example of that girl. Wonderful, bright, beautiful girl but a deep dark secret that no one knew about.

-William
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Well, this is sort of the opposite of a beacon. If anything, I would say that the beacon completely went out, instead of wavered.
SirScott chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
There's a lot of truth to those few lines. Good Haiku.

SirScott
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Probably especially when the sea is calm. The happier I am the worse a person I am..
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
Oh wow, powerful haiku. Speechless! Keep writing :)
sophiesix chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
oh that's beatiful. such a great mix of dark and light and dark, and the snippets of imagery, i dunno, i really got a vivid picture in my mind. nice!
nickyO chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
A great image for doubt and confusion.

And although I'm pretty sure this is not your intended reading of the poem, it makes me think about how a caregiver (the one whose light is always pointed outwards to guide/help other people) from time to time needs to turn inward and illuminate/rest/carefor his or her self.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
This gave me chills. The word 'lighthouse' contrasted with 'dark' and it made me think of good and dark thoughts evading. Seeds of doubt.

But I guess we all do, even the strongest believer has moments of questioning and uncertainity. Is this really the right path?
Mishikaiya chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
A very true sentiment. I love the comparison. It's quite fitting.
this wild abyss chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
This review is brought to you by the Review Marathon. For more information, see the link in my profile.

I liked the unique aspect of this because it really made for an interesting read, as it can't be compared to anything that's ever been written before. I also liked the way this invoked thought in readers because it makes the experience of reading it more important and meaningful.
culture clash chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
aw.
Raebie chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Another good one!

I love the poignant simplicity of this.

Great job!