Reviews for The Roman Slave
empiresofwater chapter 52 . 8/30/2021
It’s nice to see Marcus and Titus together again but I can’t help but feel that Titus is right back to where he started right at the beginning, enslaved and powerless and justifying it to himself when he should want to do more. I don’t get the impression that Marcus really cares for him, only moving him around to places when it suits him – and Rhea! I’d love to see more details about Rome, like that voyage across the Mediterranean could have been amazing with historical details – and where does Marcus live, what does he do on his estate (is this a staunch Republican stoic mood or an ‘escape from the depravity of the imperial city’ vibe?), is it in Rome or on the outskirts (depending on the era this is set in, there’d be huge differences!).
empiresofwater chapter 51 . 4/9/2020
Well, I was a little confused at this chapter. Now, this is probably because it has been a while since I read this story and it’s been in little snippets throughout so I can lose focus of the character interactions a bit, but Marcus’ behaviour surprised me a lot! I hadn’t sensed much sexuality between Rhea and Marcus throughout the rest of the story (although I get that what happened between them here wasn’t necessarily about sexual attraction, more about power, especially as she is a Vestal Virgin!). I wasn’t sure how to reconcile Marcus’ character with what happened in this. Although I liked some of the little historical details in this, like the mention of her punishment of being buried alive, which is apparently what happened to some Vestal Virgins under Domitian. When people mention infamously bad emperors, you always get Caligula, Commodus, Nero, sometimes Elagabalus, but Domitian always seems to be forgotten!
empiresofwater chapter 50 . 4/25/2019
Wow, what a shocking twist for your fiftieth chapter of this story! I think it’s so brave to take it in this direction, and that is great! Rhea Sylvia is a crafty old one, for sure. But you know, you kept her very much in character in this chapter, even though it was a big change, which was impressive! Can’t wait to see how Titus handles this, and if he can stand on his own two feet. This was such a bold change, and so exciting!
Guest chapter 3 . 1/20/2019
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Guest chapter 2 . 1/20/2019
terrible
empiresofwater chapter 49 . 1/18/2019
Great chapter! I couldn't make up my mind about the sensual scene at the end with Rhea, although I think it showed well that Titus has sex on his brain a lot, and Rhea uses it against him! That was an angle I thought was interesting. I only wonder if Titus knows he is being used or not (or if he is!). It would be great to hear his thoughts on that! I love the image of Titus at the banquet though!
empiresofwater chapter 48 . 8/7/2018
Wow, great chapter! Rhea Sylvia has a real, almost sinister power over Titus by taking advantage of him like that. Titus is such a great character, trying to find his place in a world which is a lot harsher than him!
empiresofwater chapter 47 . 6/10/2018
What a tense chapter for poor Titus! I felt so sorry for him. I think you write him struggling with his identity and guise well in a pretty charged environment! I wonder what Castor and Pollux have in store for him ~
empiresofwater chapter 46 . 5/20/2018
Oh, I just loved Rhea in this, making Titus doing everything she wanted but trying out different methods on him - a bit of brute force, then a sweeter more manipulative way. It’s interesting to see Titus’ transformation and his role in the villa.
empiresofwater chapter 45 . 3/6/2018
Nice new chapter! I really like Titus and Castor and Pollux, although it seems they’ve got him into trouble again! I’ll send you the new colour picture of the cover photo soon by the way!
empiresofwater chapter 44 . 1/21/2018
Oh this was great! I love Rhea’s power over Titus and how he is powerless to do anything but what she wants. I also want to know more about Castor and Pollux LOL!
empiresofwater chapter 43 . 11/1/2017
Oh I just loved the ending of this chapter! I can't wait to see where that goes lol! I love the arc of Titus having to disguise himself as a woman too.
empiresofwater chapter 42 . 8/9/2017
I loved the chapter title of this one! It really had a lot of different meanings. I also loved the disguise Titus tried out, and how Magnus wasn't fooled at all! My only criticism is that the events of the chapter seemed to go quite quickly, especially the tournament. But I'm excited to see how Titus will fit into his new 'role'!
empiresofwater chapter 41 . 5/1/2017
My favourite thing in this chapter was Rhea Sylvia calming sitting by as Marcus told her all about the horrible things in Rome. I could just picture that and I thought it summed up her kind of character really well! It's obvious that Marcus still has huge power over Titus as well, and Titus is tied to him! I'm excited to find out what happens with his conflicting interests and loyalties through the issue with Magnus!
heisperias chapter 1 . 4/30/2017
I'm legit in love with your writing I can't believe I haven't found this until just now! So excited to continue! :)
118 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »