Reviews for The Roman Slave
Innocent Imperfection chapter 17 . 9/26/2012
Yes! A new chapter! However short...
Familiarity is good... unless it's someone who hates you... or whom you hate, depending. The feeling could very well be mutual.
Ta!
earthday chapter 17 . 9/17/2012
Oh poor Titus! This was such an emotive chapter and I felt so bad for him in it. I hope he manages to find himself out of this one safely. The ending was very mysterious too - I'll be interested to see how this develops.
Sadistic Bunny chapter 17 . 9/16/2012
Holy freaking tacos.
I'm in love with this story.
I feel so bad for Titus :( But I can't stop reading because I have to know what happens to him. I want him and Marcus to end up together so bad. I SHIP THEM SO HARD IT'S PAINFUL.
earthday chapter 16 . 7/25/2012
I love Marcus' character in this chapter - passionate and strong but at the same time, caring and worried about Titus. You can bring out such depth in such a short amount of words! :) And I don't know if I've already mentioned this but it really feels like it is set in ancient Rome - I don't know all that much about the period but the attention to detail really brings it out. Did you have to do a lot of research in order to do this?
Innocent Imperfection chapter 15 . 6/28/2012
Oh, hey! A new chapter! (Whaddaya know... haha)
Well, this is getting interesting. I'm rather interested to know what's coming next.
But aren't I always?
earthday chapter 15 . 6/15/2012
I don't think I left a review for Chapter 14 so I'll start by saying that that chapter was great as well! I like how Titus' character is always developing and now he's more feisty, maybe, than before - however, I like the element of him that is still naive and that makes his situation with Rufus even more dangerous (for him!) I think! And now he's really in trouble with Rufus - I can't wait to see how Marcus responds to this! :)
Innocent Imperfection chapter 14 . 5/15/2012
Hey! New chapter!

I noticed first! *sings*

Thanks for making this interesting :)

Now. I really do want to know the end to this story (not that I want to SEE the end; I don't want it to!). But I can't, as I doubt you do...

Never mind, I have no idea where I was going with that.

So good job, and keep it up!

Ioga chapter 13 . 4/19/2012
Wow, Titus. You get new expensive sandals, and you're proud that you're not having sex with the guy who gives them to you? Really now, your sense of self worth has grown so much that a guy has to set you free and give you an estate to bed you? :D

His concern over ploughmen and plans to save poor Roman lads being enslaved by the vile Rufio were also rather cute.

Sometimes I get a feeling that an index of characters might be a good addition or some additional tips anyway; I had trouble remembering who Sheila is in her sudden passing appearance in chapter 12.

Thanks for this!
earthday chapter 13 . 3/18/2012
I love seeing Titus in this new, powerful role - he really seems to be enjoying it too! :) Though I don't trust Rufus Rubio so far - he seems rather familiar with Titus and I think this could stir up trouble in the future!

Great update! :)
Caecilia's Flute chapter 13 . 3/17/2012
I loved the "Hannibal's elephants" comment. Perfect.

I like this story so much (as I'm sure you know by now)... I just can't get enough!

Update SOOOON!

Thanks!

-C's F
earthday chapter 12 . 2/14/2012
Short but sweet! I love to see a new update to this story! :)

I liked Titus feeling so comfortable with his position as master of the house - Rhea's little comment about his male beauty when he was just lying there made me smile! And that last line of the chapter about Rufus Rubio. I sense some trouble coming up for Titus there ;)

Another lovely chapter!
RockyBottomIce chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Wow! Really enjoyed this, had me grinning as soon as I clicked on it! I'm only on the first chapter, but I'm going to keep reading for sure!

I think you're doing great (my modest opinion), so keep it up. If you are having trouble in this genre, try reading, "The Light Bearer" by Donna Gillespie. She writes in this era, and does it very well, she has inspired me on many occasions! :)
Caecilia's Flute chapter 12 . 2/11/2012
Gulp is right!

I still miss "Gallia," though.

I had a hunch a new chapter would be up. I was right!

-C's F
Caecilia's Flute chapter 11 . 12/8/2011
Indeed, Titus, as would I be astonished had I recieved news of such caliber as that.

Can you tell I'm reading Othello at the moment?

Anyway, I now fully understand the whole "absolutely astonished" comment, makes a lot more sense... it's the title of the chapter... well played.

-Caecilia's Flute
earthday chapter 11 . 12/8/2011
Great chapter again - I love the variety of awkward/'sticky' situations you put Titus in! I'm interested to see how this ones turns out and also, how Marcus goes with tracking down those men!
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »