Reviews for Solidarity
Fiys chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
So mysterious! I really like the simplicity of it, and how you kept the details to a bare minimum. I'm not so huge a fan of the woman's death. It's a tad unclear. I had to re-read the last bit in order to find where it actually kills her. Other than that, good job!
sophiesix chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Aw, i liked this! i especially like your characterisation of the beast. he was scary without being demonised, he was just right. a lovely balance of animal insinct and cunning. the humans too were interesting, i love that set up you had at teh begining, and teh mum putting her hands over teh sons ears. :) great story!
lookingwest chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Ah! This doesn't have a review? I'm on it!

Omg Lyra that was AWESUM! I loved it! So cool! Alright, so I loved so many things that you did with this piece. I loved the way that you switched perspectives back and forth. The Beast kind of reminded me of the way you narrate Trick sometimes, as I noted in my last review, I think you've really got a theme and talent for writing characters that aren't human, seriously, I always avoid doing it, and I'm so jealous of how you can do it so easily every time, XD.

That isn't to say I didn't enjoy the perspective of the humans though, they also felt very human and I enjoyed that you brought in background of parents with their respective kids, and then the different ways they coped in the face of death. It would have been fun to mix up their gender types though and have the guy with the bag of flour and the woman with the gun, but you know me! XD It worked wonderfully either way and I'm glad that you didn't kill the children, haha, as much as dislike them I was surprised to see a happy ending after such a bluntly grotesque beginning.

Enjoyed the way you told this story and the transitions and the descriptions too. I think you definitley had me at "the beast sniffs something on the floor: a man's finger". So morbid. Oh! And also liked the "second skin" thing in reference to human clothing, it made The Beast have cool characterization. Very cool take here on an end-of-the-world situation, and I think it definitley fits into the horror genre!